Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hot chocolate protein?

plugplug2

[FONT=&quot]Has anyone tried heating say syntha 6 chocolate milkshake and seeing if it tastes like hot chocolate? I heat soy protein and it tastes better but heard it may destroy proteins. I never nuke food, I just heat water/milk in a pot and add protein and stir, then drink, I'm thinking of then adding it to oatmeal, any advice?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Nope but it probably would taste pretty similar. Why not give it a try and find out yourself?

Heating protein will impact on its molecular structure but the nutritional value will still be the same.

well you cannot see the nutrition being nuked away so it must not be true- meathead mentality

reminds me of the people who refused to evacuate after chernobyl because they 'couldn't see' the radiation

of course when you nuke or burn food it will destroy the nutrition, that is common sense! that is the same reason the nutrition from coffee beans dissapears when you roast them (sorry coffee drinkers :( )

having said that it won't make a lick of difference here because protein powder is already heavily processed so go ahead and heat it up all you want. if you want real nutrition, go buy an 8oz piece of grassfed beef. that is protein right there

You obviously can denature proteins with heat (like frying an egg). Just because you changed the protein folding does not mean the value of the amino acids it will break down into has changed.

well you cannot see the nutrition being nuked away so it must not be true- meathead mentality

reminds me of the people who refused to evacuate after chernobyl because they 'couldn't see' the radiation

of course when you nuke or burn food it will destroy the nutrition, that is common sense! that is the same reason the nutrition from coffee beans dissapears when you roast them (sorry coffee drinkers :( )

Nope you are actually wrong here. Microwaving the food does not destroy its nutrition. Research has confirmed this.

Nope you are actually wrong here. Microwaving the food does not destroy its nutrition. Research has confirmed this.
Agreed. Microwaving is perfectly fine. Its wavelength is just about the size of the covalent bond lengths in water molecules causing them to vibrate. This vibration creates the frictional heat.

Has anyone tried heating say syntha 6 chocolate milkshake and seeing if it tastes like hot chocolate? I heat soy protein and it tastes better but heard it may destroy proteins. I never nuke food, I just heat water/milk in a pot and add protein and stir, then drink, I'm thinking of then adding it to oatmeal, any advice?

So try it and let us know.

[FONT=&quot]Has anyone tried heating say syntha 6 chocolate milkshake and seeing if it tastes like hot chocolate? I heat soy protein and it tastes better but heard it may destroy proteins. I never nuke food, I just heat water/milk in a pot and add protein and stir, then drink, I'm thinking of then adding it to oatmeal, any advice?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
Give it a shot and see how it turns out. Many top people in the fitness/nutrition world use protein for cooking and so do I on weekends. I make protein pancakes out of mine. You just have to use the right blend. Syntha 6 uses 6 different proteins so I dont know how it will come out. I do know that typically the standard whey isolate/concentrate blends work the best for cooking

Top Bottom