Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help a nigga out...when taking vitamins...

T

The Shadow

does it matter if you take them with food or not??

Meaning from an absorption standpoint, does the body have to have a whole food source in order to digest/absorb properly??

We are talking water solubles here.

Last edited:
That’s a good question although I don’t know the answer. My friends from Europe say that Americans have the most expensive piss on the planet. :eek:

Anyway, I just go by the recommendations printed on the back of the bottle. Most vitamins suggest, “Take with food”, while other supplements—for example my Liver Detox states, “Take on empty stomach, half hour before meal.” The evening formula reads, “Take on empty stomach, at least 2 hours after last meal.”

There are some vitamins that can cause digestive problems if taken on an empty stomach. I forget which ones, and I'm too lazy to go through my lecture notes on it. I'd recommend taking your multi with atleast a piece of fruit. I take one several times/ day, usually with a MRP.

gymtime said:
Corn pone, you mean multivitamins?

Yeah - Kinimom posted that you should ALWAYS take multi's with food. I had bever though about the possibility that food could increase absorption values...

I posted this question over on the Supps board. The consensus seems to be that multis are best taken with food.

Top Bottom