Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Good weight gainer/protein powder?

Anything other than BIG BLAST is essentially a cheap form of liquid food. You're better off eating steak and eggs and other mass producing food. But if you're going to add extra, make it something that isn't just empty calories -- something that is actually more nitrogen retaining than any food. That's BIG BLAST.

Anything other than BIG BLAST is essentially a cheap form of liquid food. You're better off eating steak and eggs and other mass producing food. But if you're going to add extra, make it something that isn't just empty calories -- something that is actually more nitrogen retaining than any food. That's BIG BLAST.
Gotta love nelson's explanations. This guy is the one who turned me to big blast. I've never turned back!!

I've been using Isopure and really like it. 0 carbs and 0 sugar. I prefer putting on lean mass. Big Blast has gotten my attention though. What is the sugar and carb content in it? I'm sort of sugar and carb phobic.

I've been using Isopure and really like it. 0 carbs and 0 sugar. I prefer putting on lean mass. Big Blast has gotten my attention though. What is the sugar and carb content in it? I'm sort of sugar and carb phobic.

24g carbs, 14g sugar, 40g of protein per serving. Ingredients: CFM whey isolate, Dextrose, rice sugar, Super plasma protein, whole egg, creatine monohydrate, l-arginine, Alpha Ketoglutarate, aminogen, soy lecithin.

Also it is customizable. One thing I thought was disappointing was the soy lecithin. Why put that crap in there? Other than that it works well for me but as long as that soy lecithin is in there, I might not be buying it anymore.

24g carbs, 14g sugar, 40g of protein per serving. Ingredients: CFM whey isolate, Dextrose, rice sugar, Super plasma protein, whole egg, creatine monohydrate, l-arginine, Alpha Ketoglutarate, aminogen, soy lecithin.

Also it is customizable. One thing I thought was disappointing was the soy lecithin. Why put that crap in there? Other than that it works well for me but as long as that soy lecithin is in there, I might not be buying it anymore.

What's wrong with lecithin? It has so many health benefit, including assisting in fat burning and liver detoxification.

What's wrong with lecithin? It has so many health benefits, including assisting in fat burning and liver detoxification.

Instead of explaining it myself, I will quote someone who is a lot more knowledgable than me.
"Lets talk more about this soy protein that is in the bar. All soy based Protein Bars and every single "pre packed Protein Bar" for that matter have one thing in common. They all contain an ingredent known as soy lecithin

What is soy lecithin?

In the early 1900***8217;s, the yet to be named ***8217;soy lecithin***8217; was just a waste product produced during the ***8220;degumming***8221; process of soybean oil. By 1908 the soy bean crushing and soy oil refining companies had expanded and they were having trouble disposing of the large amounts of foul smelling, fermenting waste product. Soy plants in Germany decided to name this waste product ***8217;soy lecithin***8217; and looked for ways to utilize it. By 1939 scientists had found more than 1,000 different ways to use soy lecithin.

It***8217;s important to note that solvents are used during the ***8220;degumming***8221; process of soybean oil, so soy lecithin itself is likely to contain chemical solvents

What is the name of the chemical used for the degumming process? Hexane!!!!!

Remember that name Hexane!!

The "natural" soy protein used in Protein Bars today is bathed in a toxic, explosive chemical solvent known as hexane. Hexane is used to process nearly all conventional soy protein ingredients and edible oils and is prohibited when processing organic foods like that found in Better Protein Bars.

Hexane is a neurotoxic chemical that poses serious occupational hazards to workers, is an environmental air pollutant, and can contaminate food."

All soy proteins isolate used to make Protein Bars are made using hexane baths.ALL OF THEM!!! If its in a Protein Bar, and its soy, it was given a hexane bath!!" -needtogetaas.

So, yes I would not like to be putting that crap into my body....

Top Bottom