Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

good advice on a pre workout drink for me

Brooklyn Serms

Hi guys I'm not a huge fan of supplements and pre workouts, not because I don't trust them it's just because I have no idea what they are for , so I started going to the gym a few weeks ago and I do construction, and go to the gym after work, as you can imagine when I go to gym I'm exhausted from work and my exercise is not as intensive as I wanted to, what pre workout drink at home can I make at home or what pre workout supplement would you recommend me to take in between work and the gym, something that gives me a little push, thank you.

you want to get hydrated with water after construction work. then you need to eat a solid pre workout meal

some eggs with oatmeal, sweet potato, and a piece of fruit is a great pre workout meal

wanting to derive energy from stimulants has a lot of drawbacks

All pre-workout supplements are basically the same thing. When it really comes down to it, a pre-workout supplement isn't anything more then a fancy energy drink. It's basically a flavoured caffeine drink. It would be almost the same thing as drinking a cup of coffee before your workout. It's not going to hurt you or anything like that but it's basically just an expensive caffeine supplement.

I honestly am not a big stimulant guy and feel they do more harm then good. 99% of sleep issues are due to using stimulants too close to bed time. The half life of caffeine is about 6 hours. If you take a pre-workout supplement around 5PM after work and plan to go to bed around 11PM, the pre-workout will still be in your bloodstream in almost full concentrations.

You honestly don't need a pre-workout. It's a big misconception that you need a pre-workout to lift. The best thing you can do to get a great pump during your workout is to eat a proper pre-workout meal 60-90 minutes before you train. Something high in protein, high in carbs and low-moderate in fat. Something like a bowl of oatmeal with whey protein isolate and some natural almond butter mixed in.

If you have time to go home from work before training then that is great. You will be able to eat a proper meal so you have the energy needed to train. As for an extra boost such as stims I would keep them low. Maybe a cup of black coffee or a single caffeine pill.

Top Bottom