Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

glycerol while on CKD??

strong island

I want to try glycerol this week. But I am currently on a CKD.

Should I wait for my carb up day for optimum results or will the glycerol still work while in ketosis.

Thanx

Glycerol is not supposed to raise insulin, according to Animal, so I suppose it won't hurt ketosis.

I think you may find that it does stop ketosis. Could you be our guinea pig? Use some keto stix and give it a try, then report back to us. Thanks -JJJ

I wouldnt do it. Lyle McDonald wrote a long article about why its not a good idea in an issue of Dan Duchaines Dirty Dieting newsletter a long time ago. I dont remember exactly why though. My advice is to go to Walgreens and buy a 50ct bottle of Alpha lipoic Acid for like $5. That will work better than anything for your $5 worth

Ketosis is not about insulin, it is about liver glycogen levels, so the question is, does glycerol preferentially refill liver glycogen (like fructose and galactose do) -- I have never been able to find an answer in the literature, and the last time the topic was raised, Lyle had not either.

read something Mcdonald wrote last night saying that it would only affect image...which is the reason I am using glycerol. Then I read another response he wrote saying he didn't think there would be any affect since there is a lot of glycerol in the blood already from the breakdown of triglycerides. But I don't think this is enough glycerol to see a significant result.

I will be the guinea pig...

I 'll let you know how it goes.

Duchaine recommended 1-1.5 ml/kg. Sice I weigh 200 that means I should use between 91-136 ml.

I'll try 105ml (7tbl) with 12 oz. of water.

Anyone see a problem with this.

strong island said:
Then I read another response he wrote saying he didn't think there would be any affect since there is a lot of glycerol in the blood already from the breakdown of triglycerides.

This is a good point, assuming you aren't taking in 100 grams a day.

Top Bottom