Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Glutamine Powder - Gold or Garbage?

Glutamine Powder - Garbage or Gold?

• Gold

Votes: 111 44.6%
  • Garbage

Votes: 53 21.3%
  • I have no idea but enjoy excercising my right to have my voice heard, although my voice isn't really

Votes: 85 34.1%

• Total voters
OMEGA said:
define "about"

Well, there's enough studies out there now that have debunked L-glutamine. It's well know that supplement manufacturer's used intravenous studies of high-dose glutamine to fuel sales of oral L-glutamine.

The only thing that's keeping L-glutamine on store shelves is 1) Supplement companies pushing it, and 2) Anecdotal evidence.

'nuff said about that, since we've been through this before. But on to peptides.....

I was actually about to order some glutamine peptides from Trueproteincanada.com, to try for myself. Like I've said before, if peptides are actually able to do what l-glutaime can't, I'd be one happy camper, since I beat the shit outa my body weekly.

But it looks like the pH tolerance of glutamine peptides, while much better than L-glutamine, doesn't cut it in the stomach enviroment.

MikeMartial said:
But it looks like the pH tolerance of glutamine peptides, while much better than L-glutamine, doesn't cut it in the stomach enviroment.

according to who?

OMEGA said:
according to who?

When food reaches the stomach, gastrin stimulates the secretion of hydrocholic acid, which lowers the pH of the stomach to about 1.5-1.7. At this low acidity, proteins denature, enabling stomach proteases to begin breaking apart peptide bonds.

According to human physiology. Hard to argue that one.

the peptides bonds begin to be brokern down, the glutamine that is cleaved pasess both through the stomach lining and the lumen of the intestine

thus much more glutamine is deliverd much like the rest of the aminos you consume form both solid and powdered protien forms........

the stomach is the first step in the digective process, not a black hole like you have pictured for us and would have us believe

Cauliflower Ear said:
i got a kilo of peptides...already feeling betterr recovery from it

Let us know how long that placebo effect lasts. :FRlol:

On a serious note, I wish they'd find a way to quantify if glutamine works or not. Something like decreased CK-MB levels, or the equivalent, after consumption of glutamine....actually, come to think of it, if it did work like that, they'd be using glutamine in cardiac rehab.....bah, nevermind. Ramblings of a guy who's pre-workout formula is kicking in. Perhaps alpha-actin.

MikeMartial said:
Let us know how long that placebo effect lasts. :FRlol:

:rolleyes:

you have not even tried G-covery so your Communist manifesto against glutamine peptides is moot

NO offense of course :)

Top Bottom