Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Glutamine / Glutimic Acid are they one in the same?

Buffalo Joe

please help me decide this out. i have vitamins that carry glutimic acid and i was wondring if i still need to take as much Glutamine

No, they're different. However, if you're talking about whey protein, about 50 percent of the glutamic acid will convert into glutamine. So if the can tells you 13 grams of glutamic acid, supposedly 6.5 will convert to glutamine metabolically. Other protein sources have different percentages, though.

So in a vitamine it wont absorb as well? i take Universal Animal Pak and they have 1400mg Glutamic acid. what would that possible convert to?

What does it read on the side of the label as far as protein source goes? If it doesn't really say, then you can call the 800 number for the company and ask them what the protein source is. Let me know when you find out and I'll see what I can dig up.

I'm not sure about the actual percentage of glutamic acid converting to glutamine, but I do know that it requires certain vitamins (B-6, B-12) to make the conversion

Top Bottom