Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Glutamine: The ESSENTIAL amino acid...

Other amino's shouldn't interfere with it's entry into the cell,as it is the primary amino present in cell occupancy.It could be that you are already getting ample glutamine concentrations through your diet,which may be why you don't notice the volumization effects to any great degree...BTW,glutamine doesn't possess DRAMATIC instant,feelable effects like creatine,it is certainly more subtle in this regard.BUT-it's ability to improve intracellular machinery and processes which are vital to us as bodybuilders(primarily repair)are very important.

i agree that this amino acid is essential. taste like shit though :D
had to chew on a 500mg tab today. arrrrrrgggg.

I posted that quote from Dr Micheal Colgan as I wanted to clarify whether what he said was true. It felt comforting to know that what he said maybe biased. Thanks Huck.

A study done at Louisiana State University found that consuming just 2gm of glutamine elevated GH approximately 400% 90 minutes later. To be most effective, you should consume glutamine at least 45 minutes to an hour after a meal - when your blood-sugar levels are steady.

Glutamine belongs to the Small Neutral class of aminos. Specific transport molecules will carry it past the blood-brain barrier. This will increase brain neurotransmitters, which in turn increase somatocrinin. This will then stimulate the pituitary to release growth hormone. Aminos that will compete with Glutamine in reaching past the blood-brain barrier are Asparagine, Proline and Serine.

Ok ok ... I hate to do this but I read in this book about Food Additives that Glutamine is toxic in high dosages. Anyone else ever hear of this?

Top Bottom