Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Glutamine: The ESSENTIAL amino acid...

ok guys help me out once more on the doses, im getting confused. Huck you said 10-20mgs, did you mean gms? cause im here reading that people are taking 1000gm a day. IM getting confused....

The question about Glutamine

This was a quote from Dr Micheal Colgan:

If you use glutamine, you whack your body with ammonia. Unless kept absolutely dry, glutamine powder degrades into ammonia and pyroglutamic acid. It degrades even if you put it in solution only a few minutes before you drink it, and even in the stomach if you take it dry. Consequently, glutamine is not used with catabolic patients because it adds to their ammonia burden.

Ammonia is toxic to all cells, reduces the formation of glycogen, and inhibits the energy cycle. It has devastating effects on brain function. We still don't know how much it contributes to fatigue, but we do know that the higher the blood ammonia, the poorer your performance.

Apparently, Glutamine supplementation isn't as wholesome as it appears to be.

Re: The question about Glutamine

yiyangzhi said:
This was a quote from Dr Micheal Colgan:

If you use glutamine, you whack your body with ammonia. Unless kept absolutely dry, glutamine powder degrades into ammonia and pyroglutamic acid. It degrades even if you put it in solution only a few minutes before you drink it, and even in the stomach if you take it dry. Consequently, glutamine is not used with catabolic patients because it adds to their ammonia burden.

Ammonia is toxic to all cells, reduces the formation of glycogen, and inhibits the energy cycle. It has devastating effects on brain function. We still don't know how much it contributes to fatigue, but we do know that the higher the blood ammonia, the poorer your performance.

Apparently, Glutamine supplementation isn't as wholesome as it appears to be.

woa..lets see what huck sais about this one

LOL...Colgan is a Moron who pushes the TwinLab product line...And guess who does not sell a decent,competetive form of glutamine?TWINLAB...Colgan also slammed the hell out of prohormones when they first came out,saying they were worthless(which is true),that they were extremely dangerous,etc.,only to say they were the greatest thing since sliced cheese when Twinlab began marketing their own...same with HMB(which we all know is a joke)...Colgan is a smart guy,but make no doubt about it,he has some very vested interests,and he constantly flip-flops all over the place from one moment to the next depending on what products Twinlab is trying to market...If the above statements he made were true,then they wouldn't use glutamine in trauma patients,or the outcome would be catastrophic,and they use it in INSANE amounts compared to what WE take in...It's nothing but desception on his part to take potential consumers minds off of products that Twinlabs don't have a grip on in the financial market.Watch,if TL comes out with a decently priced glutamine powder product,I promise you Colgan will do a complete 180...Take everything he says with a grain of salt.

I read a study that was posted on the supplements board. It basically showed how glutamine is basically just used as an anticatabolic agent (and an expensive one at that), b/c so little of it gets digested and nill amounts will actually reach the muscles to hydrate or bring cell volumization to it. It showed that like half was lost in stomach, then another half lost somewhere else, and so on and so forth and you just ended up w/ such a small amount that was useless to your muscles. It was found as good anticatabolic agent however. I'll do a search and see if i could get this up so you guys can see it. I think this all might be debatable.

Actually,risky,that's fairly well known-The intestines always get first priority with glutamine uptake.But we're talking systemic saturation here,in the neighborhood of ten times what you would get after your system has broken the FOOD one consumes down into amino acids...With this type of saturation,overload occurs,and a respectable amount will interact with the targeted cells as well.Just try glutamine in large dosages for a couple of weeks and you will feel different...Your muscles will feel 'pumped' around the clock,and your muscle fatigue/soreness post work out will diminish greatly.

So you're saying it would be better to take the l-glutamine w/ other aminos (as in a shake), and it wont compete w/ the other aminos as previously theorized by supplement companies?

And I've tried Glutamine up to 20mg/day. 5mg each dose 4 times/day. I honestly did not feel any different at all, and all doses were taken on empty stomach. My recovery was better but that was it. So i stopped taking it. Am i doing something wrong here?

Top Bottom