Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Glucosamine stopped working! whY???

chillin408

i had great results using glucosamine/chondition for about 4-5 months, but the last 6-8 weeks it has not been working. When i initailly noticed it wasnt working i immediatly up'ed the dose i have took at least 3 grams of G and 2.5 grams C everyday the last 6 weeks,but i just get more and more pain when working triceps. I have not took any the last few days,any suggestions or comments? is this common,whats the deal with this?

ok maybe i have fucked my joints up that it helps it feel better than it would if im not on it? or maybe not? I think i am gonna continue to take it just incase my joints get even worse if i stop? i dont know how this stuff works,and why it is not working as good as it use to or if its just that i am done some damage so it still is helping but damage is their or it can only hurt a certain bit?? anyone know ??

Even with a supplement like glucosamine, you should give some time off and cycle it. It isn't designed for you to take and to train through injuries. Particularly if you have have pain when working triceps, you might possibly have tendinitis. But I don't know what pain you are suffering from so I would go check it out with your doctor.

There is no need to cycle glucosamine.

Glucosamine strengthens tendons, chondroitin strengthens ligaments. If your joints are giving you grief then invest in cod liver oil. You'll be suprised at the difference.

If it is your tnedons that are hurting, then you may have tendonitis. Rest and maybe take some anti-inflamitories.

Originally posted by Robboe:
There is no need to cycle glucosamine.

what?
just like anything, the body becomes accustomed to a substance and becomes less efficient at using it. hence the cycling off and back on.

Glucosamine in absorbed and used to repair tendons. If there is more glucosamine in the body than it makes then more repair gets done (excuse baby explaination - i can't be arsed to think). Whatever isn't used, is flushed from the body. It is not like creatine. The body doesn't get accustomed to using glucosamine.

Originally posted by Robboe:
Glucosamine in absorbed and used to repair tendons.

heres the rundown:
Glucosamine is a substance found naturally in the body. Glucosamine is a form of an amino sugar that is believed to play a role in cartilage formation and repair. Glucosamine is a nutritional supplement that is extracted from crab, lobster or shrimp shells. Glucosamine is believed to help people rebuild damaged joints, tendons, cartilage and soft tissue.

or to be more specific: Glucosamine Sulfate is used in the synthesis of proteoglycans in the joints. Proteoglycans attract water to the site of the joint and provide essential lubrication.

If there is more glucosamine in the body than it makes then more repair gets done

repair is done quite slowly with connective tissue and if this person is training hard chances are he may be only maintaining. no amount of extra glucosamine will speed up the process as far as repair goes, but pain and swelling alleviation is possible.

[This message has been edited by bignate73 (edited April 16, 2001).]

Whether you take my advice or not is up to you, i don't really care either way, but there is no need to cycle glucosamine sulphate.

I wonder if you knew that you also didn't have to cycle creatine if you knew how to take it properly. Did you know that the whole laoding process is unnecessary?....

Top Bottom