Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Flaxseed Oil + Peanut butter chaser = ok?

CPFan

Hello:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find the answer.

Over the last few years, I've tried several brands of flaxseed oil and they all taste equally nasty. :(

I got the idea from someone here (can't remember who...sorry) to try a Peanut Butter chaser with flaxseed oil.

I tried it tonight...it works!!

When I've been able to stomach it (ie, rarely), I take flaxseed oil before bedtime. It usually makes me burp and/or a little sick, so by taking it and hitting the sack, the ill effects seem to be gone by the time I wake up.

My question:
Is 1 tbsp of flaxseed oil + 2tbsp of natural PB before bed considered 'too much' fat at once?

Based on the labels, that equals:
330 calories (130 from the flax + 200 from the PB)
30g fat (14g from the flax + 16g from the PB)
--> Only 3.5g of the above 30g is saturated fat (1g from the flax + 2.5g from the PB)

I am not dieting at the moment. I plan on doing a bulking cycle in a few weeks after I've given my shoulder some needed rest. I am currently getting back into weightlifting after a long vacation. I'm working out moderately hard 3x per week. I have about 4 years of weightlifting experience prior to now and I'm basically just trying to get back into the swing of things (before starting to bulk up) without killing my joints or tendons.

Thanks,
Sonny

Top Bottom