Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Flaxseed oil or High Lignan Flaxseed oil??

vtec96

I have been taking regular Flaxseed oil Spectrum Brand for some time now with great results, but was wondering if the high lignan type is any better? What exactly is the difference?

:rolleyes:

Lignan is a phytochemical that is a member of a major class of phytoestrogens and acts as an antioxidant to prevent the developement of some cancers. There are several sources of lignan:

berries, whole grains, and licorice,
but the best source of lignan is flax seed.

Anthrax, I think I read somewhere that this is possibly the same as the "soy raises estrogen" thing? I hope not since I want to buy the Lignan next. Would you reccomend high lignan ?

Thanks .. :)

vtec96 said:
Would you reccomend high lignan ?

Definitively YES
here is an article about it (from omega nutrition)

Hi-Lignan Flax Seed Oil
A convenient all-in-one essential fatty acid (EFA) and high-fiber supplement

Combines certified-organic unrefined flax seed oil and lignans from flax seed fiber. Lignans are a very important component of high-fiber foods originating from plants. Flax seeds are the richest available source of plant lignans.

More About Lignans
Plant lignans are converted in the colon by bacterial fermentation into a form of lignans used by humans. Flax seed fiber consumption results in 100-800 fold greater human lignan production than from other plant sources. Lignans are structurally similar to estrogens and work within the body to balance estrogen levels. Omega Nutrition's concentrated lignan products including Nutri-Flax, Flax Hi-Lignan Capsules and Hi-Lignan Flax Seed Oil normally have up to 30% more lignans than whole or ground flax seeds.

Benefits of daily intake of Omega Nutrition's Lignan products
Helps to regulate bowel movements.
Helps balance blood sugars and cholesterol levels.
Promotes anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal effects in the body.
Enhances the immune system.
Demonstrates hormone-balancing effects on the body.

Top Bottom