Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

flax seed oil in my shake

Philip Osman

I need to start lowering my cholesterol levels , the doc recommended me to start taking flax seed, but it taste like hell, I almost throw up when I took my first table spoon, how can I consume this product without tasting it? I was thinking to add it to mi protein shake, how do you guys take it?

psyllium husk is another good option

also get n2guard from n2bm

as for taking flax and husk, i'm not sure what to tell you man. i have no problem just taking them.. the husk sticks in my mouth though. but your taste buds must be really used to junky food if it bothers you that much. when you spend your whole life eating junk food that is what happens.

i knew a fat guy who couldn't even eat a vegetable without throwing up cause he spent his life eating so horribly. he won't make it to 40 before having a heart attack and YOU better man up the same

I think a better option is actually fish and krill oil. I use them both personally. Besides that, a healthy diet with lots of veggies and exercise are the best for lowering cholesterol.

Flaxseed is a good source of fibre, which will help lower cholesterol levels but the best omega 3 fatty acid source to improve cholesterol levels is actually fish oil and krill oil.

Flaxseed contains the omega 3 fatty acid ALA. Fish/krill oil contain the omega 3 fatty acids EPA and DHA. The body can convert ALA to EPA and DHA but the conversion rate is very poor.

If you are looking for a fibre source - get milled flax seeds
If you are looking for a omega 3 fatty acid source - get fish oil or krill oil

I would personally get both. I would use 6-10g of fish oil per day and sprinkle the flax seeds on your oatmeal, cereal, etc.

Top Bottom