Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Flax Oil sucks - Fish oil Rules - Dr. Barry Sears

I'm being swayed in both sides of the debate. Personally I prefer flax, I use Health from Sun Omega 3. The fish oil deal makes my breath smell like fish the whole damn day, and every burp smells like hell's ass. So I've discounted the idea of fish oil.

Hi risky
where have you been
Glad to see you again !

Have you tried ginger root and/or mint/Anise/Chlorophyll for the fish oils "effects" ?

what about flax being a polyunstaurated fat? is not mono better? like .......olive?.....or what about hemp?
And I read that(could be wrong) that when flax or LNA is converted, that the LNA does NOT fully turn into DHA in the brain but some lesser make do untill the real DHA comes about.

kj

riskybizz007 said:
The fish oil deal makes my breath smell like fish the whole damn day, and every burp smells like hell's ass.

Whats up bro, I dont know how long you were on them but I found that after a couple weeks I no longer get the fish burps (and this is with 20 caps a day, 10 at a time). I take them after meals containing carbohydrates because Bryan Haycock suggested this to be more effective. Here is his post form the HST forum:

http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?s=3ce52e78399cffff;act=ST;f=4;t=15

Keep in mind that omega-3s will be preferentially oxidized (burned for fuel) so much of what you take on a low carb diet will be burned before it can be stored in fat cells where it does its magic. Whenever possible, take your fish oils after a meal or after carbs. The carb load to the liver will decrease the oxidation of the fatty acids and allow more to pass through into the blood for storage. This is good when it comes to omega-3s and CLA.

I'm not fully clear on what we have come up with here, I take Dr.Udo's Oil Blend. Is fish oil better? Should I just supplement an Omega 3 capsule a couple times a day and drop the Udo's?

Well,

I am long time flax oil drinker. After reading various posts by Elzi Volk (misc.fitness.weights) concerning her experiance with fish oil intake and it's benifits I switched to fish oil caps. One average fish oil cap contains about 300mg of Omega oils. If we use Sears recomedation of 5 grams for optimum cardio health, that comes out to nearly 17 fish oil caps( See =W= post about taking 20 caps a day).

After reading Sears explanation of flax's "short chain" omega oil profile versus fish oil's long chain. It becomes rather clear that fish oil has been proven (by studies) to be beneficial whereas flax ranks far below due to poor conversion and lack of studies.

I grow tired of taking shitloads of fish caps and will incorporate 1 Tablespoon of cod liver oil for 2.5 grams Omega 3 per day which is equal to about 8 fish oil caps.

If I remember correctly a tablespoon of GNC's cod oil will provide 15,000 IU of Vitamin A and 1200 IU of Vitamin D. Make sure you check your multi-vit to make sure your not over doing it on these two things.

Yeah I remember reading in Arnold's Encyclopedia of BodyBuilding that he recomends supplementing 6g of fish oil a day. I'm going to drop the Udo's and start the Fish Oil. My sister has Crone's disease a fairly new and not so common disease. The only thing that helps her is guess what? Fish Oil. Seems to be a great thing, I'm going to give it a try.

Top Bottom