Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fish Oil VS Flax Oil?

mm107

High End Bro
Platinum
I got Fish Oil, buddy at work has Flax Oil. He got his for less then mine. Wich is better. His bottle says he has Omega 3 and 6, while mine only says omega 3. So should i pick up the flax oil next time or it doesnt matter?

My bottle has
1250mg of Omega 3 Fatty Acids 40cals/serving.

MM107 said:
I got Fish Oil, buddy at work has Flax Oil. He got his for less then mine. Wich is better. His bottle says he has Omega 3 and 6, while mine only says omega 3. So should i pick up the flax oil next time or it doesnt matter?

My bottle has
1250mg of Omega 3 Fatty Acids 40cals/serving.

I'm hoping I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but Im pretty sure the reason people take Flax Oil is for the ALA. But the ALA is only effective when broken down into EPA and DHA in the body, so your better off just concentrating on plenty of the latter two.

Assertive Guy said:
I'm hoping I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but Im pretty sure the reason people take Flax Oil is for the ALA. But the ALA is only effective when broken down into EPA and DHA in the body, so your better off just concentrating on plenty of the latter two.

thanks for the response.
Mine has

EPA at 735mg
DHA at 480

i have heard those numbers are good. SO good im sticking with mine.

You must spread some Karma around before giving it to Assertive Guy again.

also, the burps from the fish oils are almost unmanageable, at least for me.

Sounds like his flax oil has fish oil in it also. Just get Udo's Choice, its got Omega 3, 6, and 9

MM107 said:
<~ will be picking up some UDOS'

Western Nutritionists are pretty much agreed we have a deficit of Omega 3's in our diet. Usually we get enough an inbalanced amount of the 6's (too much). I have no idea about the 9's.

I like fish oil the best, i use the one from SunDown which is cholesterol free

They are 1000mgs caps....

10 calories
1 gram of fat (duhhh, its 1000mgs)
half the fat is polyunsaturated (.5)
it has Vitamin E (as d-Alpha Tocopherol plus d-beta, d-gamma, d-delta) about 1.1 iu's
EPA - 180mgs
DHA - 120mgs

So i would recommend about 3 grams (3 caps) daily, one with breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Top Bottom