Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fish oil..... how much is ideal?

JG1

I started taking 3 softgel caps of fish oil per meal, 6 times a day. The softgels are 1g each. Does this dosage ideal, or should I be taking more?

Not worried about the price of these things, just looking for results. BTW, my weight is 225lbs...don't know if it matters as far as dosage.

Ok, so he's recommending 6g/day (6 softgels). Is there any benefit with going with a higher dose like 18g/day, or will 6g be sufficient?

BTW, what does he mean by this "If I want to increase my strength and lose fat, I will take 6 grams a day, 3 grams a day in divided dosages." ?

Is he saying he'll take 6g per day in two divided doses (3g each) ?

I have no idea to tell you the truth. I just take one per meal, and since I have 6 meals, that's 6 grams as well.

Well you can only experiment and find out if it does anything at 18 g. Just remeber that it does have calories itself. I also read somewhere that excessive useage of fish oil has been seen to reduce leptin levels. But this is still inconclusive.

CoolColJ said:
I have no idea to tell you the truth. I just take one per meal, and since I have 6 meals, that's 6 grams as well.

have you noticed any difference with this dosage? Body fat decrease?

I think he means 6 grams of EPA and DHA. I have been taking 20 caps a day to meet this requirement (as is recomended by Berardi). It is said to increase insulin sensitivity. I am gonna experiment and see if I feel it is worth it.

well its hard to say, its not hurting my fat loss, but I'm also low carbing, drinking 1+ gallon of ice cold water, training, sprinting while I take em, so who's to say what is causing my 1/2 to 1 inch bodfat loss of my waist a week?

Top Bottom