Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

fish oil caps - best place to get?

Honey Roasted

What brand fish oil caps are the best? I'm thinking of getting the ZonePerfect one. Also, where's the best online place to get fish oil caps?

I'm already taking flax seed oil and want to try taking fish oil caps also. Is this a good idea? Seems kind of redundant, but...

The best place i have found to get supps is www.netrition.com I get the Nature's Way Fisol Fish oil capsules. They are enteric coated which means they open up in the small intestine opposed to the stomach which gives optimum absorption and no fish burps, but the zone perfect brand is one i would trust.

Bigbear-ALEX

throw away your flax oil, you don't need it if your taking Fish oil, since Flax oil has to be converted to DHA and EPA by the body. In Fish oli, the fish has already done this for you, so its much higher in potency, no conversion necessary

Yes, cod liver oil is fish oil.

---

But, aren't there other benefits to flax oil besides the DHA and EPA? One of the benefits I like the most about flax is how it improves my skin so noticeably. Not sure if that's due to the DHA and EPA, but doubt it. Plus, I like taking flax seed oil just for the healthy fat calories since I am a walking furnance. Maybe I shouldn't take the fish oil caps, then, but I already ordered them, and somehow I don't trust the fact that my body needs to convert some of the flax oil into DHA and EPA... and the more I get of these the better (hopefully?).

Nature's Way may be enteric coated, but DAMN they're weak. Piss poor 150mg EPA/100mg DHA. I don't think I've ever seen a weaker fish oil supplement.

For cheap bulk, Sam's club sells 300 caps for $9.95, 180/120 EPA/DHA.

For best potency and quality, Pure Encapsulations is tops. http://store.yahoo.com/vitanet/epes10mg180c.html has the best prices I've found, with 300/200 EPA/DHA per single capsule.

For extreme user--the ones who SERIOUSLY know why EPA/DHA are important in large doses--Twinlab's Dale Alexander liquid fish oil is yucky but amazing. Over a full gram of EPA/DHA per spoon.

correct me if im wrong, Fish oil contains omega 3's and 6's, while Flax is mainly, if not entirely, O3's. Dale Alexander brand fish oil capsules are excellent and inexpensive.

gmanlax7 said:
correct me if im wrong, Fish oil contains omega 3's and 6's, while Flax is mainly, if not entirely, O3's. Dale Alexander brand fish oil capsules are excellent and inexpensive.

Other way around...Flax has 3+6, fish has only 3.

But fish has EPA and DHA, which are the REAL reasons to take them. Heck, John Berardi wants us to take about 10 grams of combined EPA/DHA a day!

Top Bottom