Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fish oil

oso0960

How many grams of fish oil should a 16 yr old take? what other NECESSARY supplements should I take to lead a healthy lifestyle besides a mutlivitamin?

Sorry, don't know about fish oil. Flax oil, start with 1-3 tablespoons a day. After a year, switch to a 3-6-9 balanced oil (Udo's), same dose.

Your other question requires more information on your current activity and training and your diet.

wlmcrae said:
Sorry, don't know about fish oil. Flax oil, start with 1-3 tablespoons a day. After a year, switch to a 3-6-9 balanced oil (Udo's), same dose.

Your other question requires more information on your current activity and training and your diet.

Well I train 3 days a week with heavy weights, 2 days a week for GPP(cardio-like...) and i eat 3k to 4k calories with 250+ protein and healthy eating. Also I cook with canola oil, i heard from someone on here that canola is bad?

wlmcrae said:

There is no need for n-9's to be blended into your suppliment oils. They are very easy to get in your diet and olive oil is around 95% n-9, and it is extremely cheap. I've never noticed Udo Erasmus to state that n-9's needed to be in a specific ratio to EFA's. He is really big on n-3 to n-6 in a 2:1 ratio however.

oso0960 said:
How many grams of fish oil should a 16 yr old take? what other NECESSARY supplements should I take to lead a healthy lifestyle besides a mutlivitamin?

www.1stvitality.com - for pharmacutical grade fish oils. The 2 most important factors in Omega 3's are EPA and DHA. Discovered by Einstien. Anyway, Flax oil is broken down by the body into these Omega's, some is lost in the process and your much better off therefore going with a direct EPA and DHA supplement.

Just for your information - The general concensus for best multivitamins is:

1. Animal Pak. Only downside is cost, and lots of large pills. Cheap from www.bodybuilding.com
2. GNC's megamen. Great supplement, but most complain about it being overpriced.
3. NOW Adam is very popular and *not * expensive. Also AST's Multipro is a great choice.

Other than these, get some Whey. Optimum's double chocolate Gold Standard is superb. Once you got them in place just concentrate on getting your diet, training and rest on track - just spend time getting familiar with the various supplements for yourself, so you know the type of things that may benefit you.

Top Bottom