Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

favorite protein shake flavors

lazario125

I stared mixing my protein powder in the blender with some fruit and it really tastes nasty. The protein is raspberry flavor and tastes like nyquil, makes me want to throw up. I have a new flavor on the whey vanilla which I'm sure can't be as bad but in the mean time any ideas how I can make this stuff edible?

any cheap protein will taste just as cheap as it is. invest in cellucor, etc.

You should try to get your protein in from real food but if you are going to use a shake anyways, stick to a basic flavour like vanilla or just get unflavoured like mobster said.

I stared mixing my protein powder in the blender with some fruit and it really tastes nasty. The protein is raspberry flavor and tastes like nyquil, makes me want to throw up. I have a new flavor on the whey vanilla which I'm sure can't be as bad but in the mean time any ideas how I can make this stuff edible?

So when it comes to protein powders, the better quality "cleaner" stuff tastes the worse while the less "clean" protein usually tastes pretty darn good. The more you isolate the protein away from fats and carbs, the more bitter and foul it will taste and smell, the closer the protein is to a whole food, the tastier it will be. When you get a protein that tastes like medicine that is usually a manufacturer adding a lot of flavorings to some bitter protein like Whey Isolate or BCAAs, trying to mask the taste of it with a lot of flavoring agents.

So if you are Bro that just can't stand bitter proteins then just stay away from BCAAs or any Aminos like that, also stay away from Whey Isolate, which is pretty clean protein. If you want the good taste and mouthfeel then instead, try Whey Concentrate, the concentrate has a bit more fat and carbs so the taste is closer to whole milk so it is quite easy to down and taste great. Casein protein and egg white or whole egg protein, these are all great tasting powders. Pea protein also taste awesome.

Follow our podcast for more information like this buddy, the links are listed below.

Top Bottom