Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ephedrine - Synephrine?

maxb01

what is the difference between Ephedrine and Synephrine?

(looking at all the labels of fat burning supplements I've found out that only some contain ephedrine, while most contain synephrine)

I thought most contain ephedra and few contain synepherine. I heard synepherine is crap and doesnt do much ,syntrax is coming out with a new stimulant free fat burner thas suppose to have pharmacy grade syenepherine,but its probably still crap or do very little compared to ephedrine from what ive heard

Synephrine is an alpha 1 agonist, two of the primary effects of which are vasoconstriction and appetite suppression (norephedrine -- aka PPA -- aka Dexatrim -- is also an alpha 1 agonist). Ephedrine is a sympatheticomimetic, meaning it causes the release of the sympathetic nervous system hormone norepinephrine (NE), which is an endogenous beta 2 agonist (think Clenbuterol) and thus increases thermogenesis. NE also has some alpha 2, as well as beta 1 and 3 activity.

Synephrine is often marketed as a thermogenic as well, though this is a bit misleading as the increase in body temperature is caused, primarily, by decreased heat loss from vasoconstriction rather than the conversion of caloric energy to heat. It also does not have the anti-proteolytic properties of ephedrine, with are likely mediated by NE.

However, despite being written off by most, it is not worthless, as alpha 1 agonists increase beta 2 and 3 induced thermogenesis. So, though it is not a suitable replacement for ephedrine, it would be a nice addition to an EC stack.

Top Bottom