Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ephedrine Dependency...?

Ephedrine has significant central nervous system stimulatory effects. It's essentially amphetamine-like in its action. We used to use it in the OR and the labor suites in doses of 5 to 10mg, IV, to bring up blood pressure.
I've known anesthesiologists and nurses to get severely strung out on ephedrine, shooting many hundreds of mg per day IV. Not to be toyed with, even orally. Is the consensus that norephedrine is less stimulating?

Basic rule....

With ECA or NYC, you're not supposed to stay on it more than 1-2 months at top. You cycle them.

I know with ECA, if you don't feel it, you gotta take more. Your body just adapts to the dosage. Hence, why you need to get off it or you'll take tons of it to feel anything.

Well I don't know what my deal is. I've been taking it on and off for 9 years, never longer than two months straight, and I usually take a month or two off. I never exceed one dose per day. (25mg or so.) I'm not overly sensitive to any other substances, so I don't know why this crap affects me so much.

Does anyone know the science behind this stuff? I heard it causes the adrenal glands to release more adrenaline into the blood stream. Is that the case? If so, is there the possibility of doing permanenet damage to said glands over time?

I'm almost convinced that the long term ephedrine use has caused my anxiety probs. I never had anxiety until a year or so on them. Only problem is that we have to workout at 6am so getting up at 5am is not an option without them. I've tried numerous times but with me only getting 5-6 hours of sleep due to sleeping probs, I have no energy whatsoever. I don't even take that much either. I only take 2 or 3 xenedrines before our workout. None during the day. I feel 10 times more burnt out now than I did when I was doing drugs

The crash is hard even after I try 800mg morning ed for 2 days. I do this on ocasion over a weekend - Sat and Sun. I get a lot of stuff done. Monday morning at work is a bitch. Coffee helps but it takes me 2 or 3 days to completely re-charge.

I have the black caps that contain 800mg of ephedra powder.

i dont see why people use it, unless they are superfatasses, just modifying your diet can help cut down the fat, just gotta be patient and patience is hard for bodybuilders :)

Jafar said:
Well I don't know what my deal is. I've been taking it on and off for 9 years, never longer than two months straight, and I usually take a month or two off. I never exceed one dose per day. (25mg or so.) I'm not overly sensitive to any other substances, so I don't know why this crap affects me so much.

Does anyone know the science behind this stuff? I heard it causes the adrenal glands to release more adrenaline into the blood stream. Is that the case? If so, is there the possibility of doing permanenet damage to said glands over time?

OK, here it is. Ephedrine is a sympathomimetic (mimics the sympathetic nervous system). It is a mixed agonist (ie, it stimulates both alpha and beta adrenergic receptors).
These drugs are also categorized as direct or indirect acting. Direct: directly stimulate the receptors
Indirect: cause the release of norepinephrine (noradrenaline), which then stimulates the receptors. This release is from nerve terminals throughout the body, especially in the CNS>

Ephedrine is both an indirect and a direct acting agent. The indirect mechanism can lead to "burnout", ie, depletion of neurotransmittors of which it stimulates the release. This is similar in many ways to the profound depression, apathy, anxiety, etc, that can occur after a run of meth, or MDMA, or, in the old days, MDA, or to a lesser extent, LSD. Neurotransmitter depletion. A bad feeling!
Make sense?

Last edited:
Top Bottom