Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ecdyvone

BigDdaGanjalist

[sarcasm]
The latest breakthrough!
[/sarcasm]

Came across this product by Pro-Lab in my search for a new and different protein. (i'd order triple threat but no credit)

http://www.nutrition-center.net/store/Prolab_Ecdyvone_Protein_Powder.html

I'm always skeptical. But the claims of increase of work capacity, maximizing muscle mass etc. all seem too good to be true.

Knowing me I'll probably buy a tub at GNC neways to try out then return it half/near-empty for a full refund.

anyone use this yet? I think it's been out for awhile now.

I've read a few articles here and there about the "revolutionary" ingredient in this stuff -- it's called 20-beta-hydroxyecdysterone (or something to that effect) - and it was originally discovered as a necessary part of the growth and molting cycle of insects....

...but the stuff on the market today is actually derived from plants (hence the word "sterone" in the name)....

It sounds like interesting stuff - but far more research is required on the matter - and the latest new that I've heard is that most major companies today are putting out products that are extremely UNDER-dosed --- apparently you need to ingest upwards of 700mg of ecdysterone to see any noticeable results....and most of the supplements on the market today have around 25mg per dose.....so do the math and you'll see how expensive this might get....

But I'm not sure of any of this - so don't flame my post - this is just what I've been hearing on the street....

good luck and keeping squatting!!

I don't know about that. I'm always skeptical but i've tried alot of prolab products and all have worked or helped me in some way. Yet other companies have let me down. I would always try a prolab product once just because i know they have worked for me in the past.

I have tried these supps. I was using the blue zebutol tabs at one point which contains this ingrediant. It seemed to work good however I was stacking it with several other supps to. IMO I would not spend the money on these type of products unless I already have a stash of the usual creatine, protein and glutamine and I have some extra cash to blow. take care

A while ago alot of people on this board were trying it.

There was alot of talk regarding different color ones from zoelabs (think they were blue or purple) and the older purple ones were believed to be more potent.

As far as what people reported well alot of them seemed to vanish off the face of the eart the ones that did come back said that it helped w/ strength and was pretty evident.

Some said that the newer ones sucked in comparison and that it also greatly depends on which company your get it from. Blackalpha I believe was the one whom used it quite a bit specailly the purple old ones which he beleived worked by far the best.

Some people stated that while it imrproved there strength it went away as soon as they stopped supplementation.

There were those that said the supplement sucks but alot of them were people that havn't actually tried it. I'm sure there were those that have and said it didn't work though but perhaps that can be attributed to the brand/date they used or perhaps because the people who saw something was all in their heads.

It was and actually still in somewhat of an interesting supplement w/ possibilities of being pretty good depending on what you get like trib some brands suck some don't or mabe they all do.

Blackaplha is over at wannabebit.com now if thats the same person. You could ask their aswell and see if he responds. I'm not sure though doesn't quite sound like the same guy.

So I guess what I'm saying use the search there was alot of talk on it. mabe some of the old threads will answer your questions.

Enock's right... i remember when people were trying them. They weren't too good however (the new ones). And i'd give all Ecdy products a big thumbs down. Have not heard 1 good response from it.

riskybizz007 said:
Enock's right... i remember when people were trying them. They weren't too good however (the new ones). And i'd give all Ecdy products a big thumbs down. Have not heard 1 good response from it.

True.
i wasn't saying that Enock wasn't....
Nothing came up in the search.

Is there another name for it?

Top Bottom