Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Early fasted training: BCAA vs Leucine vs nothing

mvg17

I love to train right after i wake up, cause thats when i am always available. Thus, i always trained fasted, do you guys thing it would be more optimal to add just leucine? or BCAA? or continue with nothing? Or maybe whey but i don't like to "eat" or "drink" anything with calories before i workout hence it makes me feel like puking while working out. Also would these make any noticeable actual differences?

Id go with a good protein shake or at bcaa's at the bare minimum. Your body needs to replenish its glycogen stores in the morning.

What kind of training are you doing? I do fasted cardio in the AM, weight training in the afternoon and sip BCAA's during both

I love to train right after i wake up, cause thats when i am always available. Thus, i always trained fasted, do you guys thing it would be more optimal to add just leucine? or BCAA? or continue with nothing? Or maybe whey but i don't like to "eat" or "drink" anything with calories before i workout hence it makes me feel like puking while working out. Also would these make any noticeable actual differences?

Well it depends upon your goals. If you are after maximum fat loss then train fasted. If you are after anything else goal related I would sip an EAA shake (better than BCAA's). You could add extra Leicine if you wanted to. Some guys can't consume calories during training no matter what. However you are likely drinking your shake too fast and that's why you feel like puking. I would make an amino shake and sip on it during your training (so it lasts at least 30 mins). Now if you want muscle growth and fullness I urge you to add carbs to your shake... I recommend HBCD's (50g should be gtg).

I would definitely use some BCAA if your training fasted. It should help prevent catabolism and preserve your gains better.

I have experimented with both training totally fasted and training with BCAAs first.. I didnt notice any difference either way so I decided to save my money and forget about BCAAs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom