Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

drinking egg whites

The reason you drink eggs is it is EASIER to digest. Cooking eggs makes them HARDER to digest. Chem. prof got it all wrong. Cooking changes the structure of the protein, making it harder to break down...

KEY word here is pastureized. good to drink.

BUT IMO, if youre doing it for proein, better and cheaper sources out there these days.

I love the stuff to make my ommlettes w/ 1 cup egg white, one whole egg, add a slice of cheese and some vegetarian chili, BAM...complete meal w/ the right fat/ carbs/ protein.

I posted a question similar to this, and the consensus was that the protein in raw egg whites were not bio-available, and that the needed to be cooked first.

You can drink pasturazied egg whites without fear of bacterial infection. But your body can't utilize raw egg white for protein, it contains a binding agent called chalaze(sp?) which binds the protein in raw egg making it indigestable. Cooking the egg even soft boiling destroys the chalaze.:p

liftsiron,
Chalaze: Each chalaza to resemble a thick cord of white albumen opposite each other and attached to the yolk, keeping it to the center of the inner albumen. The more prominent the chalazae, the fresher the egg. Chalazae doesn't affect the egg in any way, though some custard recipes call for straining to remove them for a smoother texture. Eating raw egg whites is still the best and fastest way to digest egg protein. Amount of quality protein is still cheap source to boost protein intake

Last edited:
Top Bottom