Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

doubts about protein absorption after meals

pacotexas

So I read online some articles say, specially nutritionist say your body can absorb just certain qty of protein a day and taking protein powder is a waste of time since you body should get all nutrients it needs from the daily meals you consume. If you are eating properly that is, what's you opinions on this guys?

my opinion is don't over think things

first off pro bodybuilders take boatloads of gear, HGH and insulin. they drink shakes after their workouts because of the insulin and they need dex in there to prevent a tank in blood sugar

so don't pay attention to what they do or what people parrot. i actually find it hilarious when the skinny kids at the gym run to get a protein shake after a workout.. they think that is going to give them muscles :chomp:

what really builds muscle is lifting big to get big. and eating big to get big. you aren't going to grow off shakes, cereal, poptarts or other kiddie food as i call it. you need REAL FOOD. chicken, grassfed beef, turkey, veggies, sweet potato, rice, grains, maybe some oatmeal and some fruit.

This whole 'your body can only absorb a certain amount of protein in a single sitting' thing is total bro science. Your body absorbs everything you eat. Your body can only utilize so much protein in a given period, but all the protein you eat will be absorbed. Some of that protein will just be converted into glucose and used as an energy source.

50g of protein in a single sitting is a good number to shoot for. If you eat 6 meals a day, 50g x 6 = 300g. For a 200 pound person, that would put him right at 1.5g of protein per pound of body weight which is perfect.

Just make sure to read the nutrition facts on the protein supplement you are using. A lot of poor quality protein supplements have a lot of carb and fat fillers added which will add a lot of unnecessary calories to your diet. What you want to be supplementing with is a pure whey isolate. A pure whey isolate will be pretty much void of all carbs and fat. I personally use isolation from n2bm.com. Each 30g scoop has 26g protein, 1g carb and 0g fat

A good quality whey isolate protein powder can be beneficial when you are falling short for the day on your protein or you miss a meal. You should be able to get most if not all of your daily protein from whole foods. Just remember to get a good quality product.

Personally I just always aim to eat around 50-60 grams of protein per meal. That I consider as the optimum. Why? Out of practice and convenience.

The only myth that has been around about 30g at a time was provided and backed up by a supplement company who released protein powders, which serving had 30g of it. Coincidence? Doubt it.

Top Bottom