Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

does drinking coke or coffee affect creatines efficiency

rush

Ive been out of touch I remeber a few years back there was
talk that it did, I am addicted to coke the drinking kind and
wandered would it make much of a difference....

BTW I did try a search

thanks

There is a study showing that caffeine prevented the strength gains with creatine (but not the incorporation into the muscle cell, which is responsible for the increase in size), but this was with, I believe, 600mg of caffeine, which is about 20 cokes.

i suppose the basic theory is that your body needs a ton of h20 when your taking creatine - and that caffeine is a diuretic (sp?) - hence they don't go well together...

but I made gains on creatine and still took caffeine before intense workouts - so i wouldn't worry too much about it....

HOWEVER! I would be worried about all that pesky sugar your getting from the coke!! How much coke are we talking here??

I agree with stryc-9.

Get yourself some guarna in 60 to 100mg tabs and use it for your caffeine. It is cheap and way better for you than soda.

Damn i never thought about coke effecting creatine. Hmmmm

Supposively because of the caffeine, found in both coke and coffee, it is supposed to negatively affect creatine's benefits, due to caffeine's duiretic capabilities. I never really notice any negative effects, possibly due to the large amounts of water I consume.

Coke would effect creatine big time if they were taken together.

Creatine is a buffer, that is it will somewhat neutralize acids or bases wherever it is.

It works for us by neutralizing lactic acid in the muscles.

But if you take it with coke, a strong acid, or any soda.... it will start to neutralize that acid in your stomach, and lose its efficacy.

This is actually why creatine is needed in such large doses, so much is destroyed by stomach acid alone. Coke or Pepsi would only add to this.

Hope this helps. I know its nasty but washing it down with water is best.

But then again, I dont even think that shit works

I think there is a direct correlation between the benefits of creatine and the amount of water one drinks. While taking creatine, one should consume more water than usual to reap maximum benefits. Atleast from my personal experiences, this has worked best.

Top Bottom