Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does creatine dosage change for BW?

funnyistheway

I know that you need to take protein depending onyour body mass, so many people will take different amounts. Does thisalso count for BCAA's and creatine? If I am quite bigger than mostguys out there, should I be taking more creatine than the normaldosage of 15 grams per day?

Even if you needed to increase creatine dosage depending on your body weight, the difference would be minimal, so I would not bother with that. After all, it is best to take a bit less, than too much creatine, as it can cause a bit of water retention when taken too much of it. And as @stevesmi has well pointed out - you are already getting extra creatine with your extra food intake.

A dosage of 5g per day will fully saturate creatine phosphate stores for 99% of people. If you are an extremely large individual, like say 300 pounds, you could use 10g per day but I really wouldn't take any more then that.

Remember that creatine is also naturally present in food. If you are a larger person you are also consuming more food so you will be getting more creatine through your daily diet as well.

Just make sure you consume around 1g of protein per lb bodyweight you have and take 5-10g creatine per day. I wouldn't worry about BCAA unless you train fasted and are trying to save muscle or you eat a lower protein diet.

Top Bottom