Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

does caseins contain lactose?

Busquets+

I just got a bucket of casein protein and I had no idea it could contain lactose which I am intolerant to, by any chance do you guys know if casein protein contains lactose? it's no on the ingredients but I rather to ask first before start taking it.

Lactose is NOT an ingredient. It's a naturally occurring chemical in milk products.

If, as with many products, they show you in their profile a bit which suggests 'carbs - as sugars' then this is almost certainly Lactose. So yes a casein protein will contain lactose.

Well, casein is a milk derivative, so yes - most probably it will contain lactose. I say most probably, because there are brands that sell lactose-free casein, so if you are that concerned about lactose, you may as well find one of these companies.

If you want no lactose then get a pure whey isolate product like WTBM. Head over to n2bm and check out the awesome flavours they have like PB Crunch.

You could also get a beef protein if you want something that is not dairy at all.

A pure micellar casein, milk protein isolate or calcium caseinate supplement will have only trace amounts of lactose and is safe to use by someone lactose intolerant.

Just make sure to read the ingredients list and make sure there are no ingredients like 'whey protein concentrate' or 'milk protein concentrate' listed.

Top Bottom