Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do you really need supplements for Bodybuilding?

johntarjon

I have tried lifting with and without supplements and have seen minimal to no difference with or without them. Do we really need bodybuilding supplements to build muscles? What about Protein ? Do we really need to take 1 gram of it per pound of body weight?

hey man where do you live? why dont you take a picture of you taking dianabol then a picture without it, then you can see for yourself the difference!

also, with all the pros in all sports and the olympics doing it?

how can we deny its importance and efficacy?

my 8 cents and 4 bucks

Really depends.

I would consider these supplements as optimal for getting the most out of your lifting:

whey protein powder
creatine
multi-vitamin/mineral

That's it. If I had to nail it down to the most important supplement it would be the multi-vitamin/mineral.

A solid diet full of whole food protein doesn't truly need protein powder. It can be nice to drink a shake right after a workout, but it's not uber critical as so many would have you believe.

Creatine is completely unnecessary imo.

If all you ever did was eat a really good diet with plenty of protein and used a multi-vitamin/mineral you would be fine.

The thing is their is doing what is adequate and doing what is optimal. I myself use alot of protein powder to spike my protein intake up.

I also use creatine because of it's beneficial effects.

I use fish oil and vitamin c supplementation as well.

I typically use those at all times, but when money is not so tight I will use as many as 4-5 other supplements such as glutamine, amino acids, ginseng etc.

You don't need supplements, but it's stupid not to use them to a certain extent with what we know about their beneficial effects.

To make it simple, no you dont need supplements. They supplement your diet. That said its easier to use some supplements like whey than to get that much protein easily after working out... some can give you an edge if your training and diet are in check...

|Z|

Orbit Nutrition Rep

Supplements do work though, that is why everyone buys them.

The best supplement i believe is in a 10ml vial :biggrin:

whey, multi, aminos can and do help if training and diet is in check. I believe they give a little edge - that is all

Staple supplements are always great additions to your intake, but its only a small percentage of what you get out of your whole routine.

You don't NEED a car to travel 10 miles either. But using one will make getting there a lot easier and a lot faster.

I agree with ghettostudmuffin's post entirely. A multivitamin is all you really need. Generally speaking, most supplements are a waste of money. If anything works it usually gets banned. However, steroids obviously work, but I wouldn't call those supplements. Prohormones obviously work, since they are steroids, but could be considered a supplement I supose. Animal Flex helps make my joints feel better, so I would say it's the real deal. But you will find a number of junk products out there that come and go faster than a speeding bullet. As with anything, research the ones you want to try unless you have endless money to blow and want to find out yourself. I research what works by reading a lot of logs and reviews. But even those have to be scrutinized to some degree. I think that supplements are getting better though and real products are getting developed these days as opposed to 20 or even 10 years ago most products were just junk.

Top Bottom