Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do you need to be that fanatic about protein and food?

metamurph

There is one coach in our gym, and he advocatesstrongly for using whey protein whenever you can. For example, in oneconversation he was saying that if you find yourself in a cafe, orsome other place that is not home, and you can't get a meal that fitsperfectly to your macros, you better drink the protein shake. I don'tthink there is a need for such fanatic dieting – life is not blackor white.

Here's the thing. How badly do you want to be in shape, muscular or strong? The problem, from a coaches point of view, is people want it to be easy and look for excuses. Mods on here are asked, via questions on the forum, stuff like 'if I add 5 bananas to my diet will this add calories'. The answer is OBVIOUSLY YES. But the person asking wants it to be no. So that coach may well be a little full on with his advice but only because people want to go out - eat a shed load of calories in a cafe and have him say it's ok.

Well, depends on your goals. If you want to be a Mr. Olympia, then you definitely need to be as fanatic with your diet, as it gets. If you are just working out for your own well being and to be in good shape, then I would say that it is not worth losing those pleasures of life from time to time.

there is a degree to eating.

i look around and people eat like shit everywhere. this is why everyone has a gut unless they are methheads.

you gotta get your diet on point if you are ever going to succeed in fitness and get the most out of your potential. look at Tom Brady, he eats on point and is still going strong at 40. Chad Johnson used to brag he would eat mcdonalds and cereal everyday and the guy had all that talent and totally flamed out of the league overnite. had he eaten healthy he would have stuck around longer for sure

as far as protein shakes, most of them out there are junk. you need to read the ingredients and you will find they aren't much different than drinking a milkshake.. thats why i recommend n2bm whey isolate, very solid ingredients and no fillers or garbage sugars

It all depends on your goals.

Jay Cutler once said "While eating my meal, I am thinking about when my next meal should be"

If you really want to be the best at anything, you need to be OCD and obsessive. THat's the reality.

If you want to be good - you don't need to be excessive.

If you want to be great - every 0.1% matters.

I think the point about replacing a meal is valid. If you happen to be out and not able to get a good quality meal in then a protein shake is going to be a much better option. I would still always prefer a whole food meal with some lean protein over a shake.

Top Bottom