Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do you get a boost from protein?

Azalimiam

Everybody uses the protein shakes for food andrecovery, but I have noticed that they give me a huge boost in energyin the gym. Is that normal, do other people experience the same? Ihave noticed that when I don't take it roughly one hour beforetraining, I have less energy.

This is a normal thing, and I would experience thesame when I did not eat well enough. The reason you feel that, isbecause whey protein is a nutrient, and it gives you energy, justlike food would do. If it gives you such a boost in terms of energy,perhaps you should revise your diet plan, or your meals during theday. Obviously, eating before training will always give you moreenergy. In fact, it is the best pre-workout you can think of. Tryeating some tuna with rice before training instead of whey protein,and I promise you will experience the same thing.

Food is fuel. You can over complicate things as much as you want but when it really comes down to it - food is fuel.

You feel more energized for your workout after drinking a protein shake because you are fueling your body for your workout. It's really as simple as that.

You have food for energy and are hydrated because you likely drank a good bit of water with your shake. It definitely makes sense.

Top Bottom