Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do these diet products work?

Ceran

Do you believe in all those packages selling kinda diet food and bags with powder, like puddings and soups? Do they work? What raises my concerns, is that they sell them in like usual supermarkets, which don't seem to me to be the right places to sell dietetic stuff.

Leaving the question of the sale place aside, I am pretty sure that these products don't work. First of all, if you want to lose weight, you got to change your lifestyle – you can not use their products for a month or two, and then just keep on eating the old way without gaining your weight back. And their products just can't be taken on a constant basis...Sure they will make you lose weight temporarily – with them you are barely eating. So you could just lose that same weight by eating less of the normal food – for a much lower price, with more health benefits, and with the possibility of doing so all along.

Again I disagree BUT it's conditional. If I use a shake in lieu of a meal as a part of a diet I'll lose weight. And that's how they work.

However, this is as much of a cost issue for me as anything. Supermarkets, other than when they do special offers or a sale, rarely do good deals. The products don't differ that much, if at all, from those sold anywhere else.

They are basically just very low calorie pre-packaged meals. They are not particularly healthy but if someone switches from a supersized big mac meal to a weight watchers frozen dinner, they will loose weight since they are taking in less calories.

It's kind of like those '100 calorie' lays potatoe chip bags you see at the grocery store. They are still potato chips, they are just in a smaller bag lol.

And what kind of diet you think can work as a life style? I know that you can not follow a diet all your life unless you follow an easy one...

Anything will work for fat loss if you are in a deficit. Is it optimal?.....no. Real food like lean meats, veggies, fruits, good carbs and fats are the way to go. If you are having a tough time I suggest tracking calories so you are sure you are in a deficit every single day.

Top Bottom