Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Dextrose post workout

geoffgarst said:
30-40% of carbs should come from fruit juices such as pineapple or grape juice, while the rest should come from Dextrose/Maltodrexin.

None of the carbs should come from fruit juices. Fructose is absolutely horrible for post-workout.

ohashi said:

None of the carbs should come from fruit juices. Fructose is absolutely horrible for post-workout.

Bump on that!! Stay away from fructose p/w. It has no effect on insulin, it does not replenish muscle glycogen it replenishes liver glycogen, excess will be turned in to fat.

Ok guys, we need to clarify the issue with fructose. Yes it is horribel as a post workout carb, but not because it will not replenish muscle glycogen. It will do so AFTER liver glycogen has been replenished. However any sugar the automatically goes to the liver first will tend to slow down metabolism. Taking in fructose will slow down metabolism, if taking in large quantities, and indirectely cause body fat gain over time. Bodybuilders should avoid it.

That is true about Fruit juices...I stay away from them as well in my diet, so I agree with above. I was just printing the diet from Charles Poliquin. You can see his article on Testosterone!

Creatine and glutamine are great things to add in pw diets.

Where do I get dextrose? I've tried getting post-workout carbs from 2 slices of wheat bread.

I had it written down and now I can't remember what page. I am pretty sure it came from the following, but not sure which article:

http://www.t-mag.com/nation_previous/03.html

It is in one of the articles and I believe it is an interview with either Charles Poliquin or the Swolecat. These are generally the only articles I read, so it is somewhere in there in one of the back issues. I will keep looking.

PS: Karma is always welcome here.

www.supplementdirect.com for the dextrose.

and synpax... whole wheat bread is a low gi carb and is the exact opposite of what you want. If any type of bread post workout, you'd want white bread. But even better get some dextrose. It's cheap, effective, and it comes in bulk. You can also check the ingredients of some candies. For example, shock tarts contain dextrose along with tons of other popular candy

Top Bottom