Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Determining most effective dextrose amounts post workout.

L.D. 50

Any general rules of thumb? I would like to be able to narrow it down to a science, rather than just what I think "feels" right.

All I can find is anecdotal, and I am looking for a formula of sorts or method for figuring this out.

Thanks for any help.

.8 grams per pound of body mass. This will benefit you since you are depleted in glycogen stores from your workout session. This amount and formula will adequately replenish them.

sounds a little high.
i like about 100g and my lbm is 170.

thats approximately, 60% of lean body mass.

but who the heck knows???

The muscle will quickly absorb the dextrose. Some use 50 grams, some use 100 and some user higher dosages. Someone’s amount will also depend on factors such as bodyweight, goals, and supplements they’re using. The idea of .8 grams is to provide enough to restore depleted glycogen stores and provide an insulin spike to transport your supplements to your muscles. The insulin levels will also lower the cortisol levels. When cortisol levels are lower, it will benefit your testosterone levels. You want to keep your cortisol levels lowered and test levels up, especially since your body is in a catabolic state post workout. The reason it’s in a catabolic state is because of your cortisol levels are going up.

does anyone get the "shits" after taking dextrose?
cause i sure do that's why i stopped taking it i drink carb drinks post workouts and about 1/2 hour later i take my protein,is this ok?

Syntax325- at .8g per lb of lbm, I would have to consume 150g of dextrose. I'm not sure I could keep that down. If .8 is actually the ideal, i'll have to settle for about half of that, I just can't do that much sugar without getting nauseous.

Also, I am cutting at this time. Probably should have mentioned that. I am 201 6.5% bf. that puts my lbm at aprox 187. 50-75g of dextrose is about all I can stomach in one sitting mixed with 40-50g of protein.

Killa- take your dextrose along with your protein. You want the protein to be digested while you are still in your insulin spike. If you take the protein 30 min after, by the time it digests, it will be outside of that window.

thanks for the replies thus far

Do you guys think that honey will have a similar effect to dextrose??

I guess fruit is not an option here...

Top Bottom