Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cyclotren and Monsterdrol stack for $73.99 for a limited time.

Re: Log: The Get Ridiculously Huge Stack

Well I admit that I was scoffing at his advice. Clearly (atleast I hope it's clear) that more does not mean better.
Simply adding more cabs and protein to a PWO isn't necessarily going to make your muscle gains increase or lean body mass increase. The increased calories need to be added in conjunction to his (or anyone else's) current diet. Last I remember reading (yes I have posted quite a bit on this thread) the OP was already eating about 3500 calories. This may be a bit much for a him (and is probably high for most beginners)

Speaking of diet , some of us dont have the same views on PWO nutrition. IMHO Pre-workout nutrition is a much bigger factor in preventing muscle micro trauma and delaying metabolic acidosis then PWO nutrition. The complete diet should be looked at not just PWO macros

Sorry to sound condescending. Building muscle takes time. Swallowing more protein and carbs PWO isn't necessarily going to speed things up.
The workout and the diet should be look at as a whole

Well I admit that I was scoffing at his advice. Clearly (atleast I hope it's clear) that more does not mean better.
Simply adding more cabs and protein to a PWO isn't necessarily going to make your muscle gains increase or lean body mass increase. The increased calories need to be added in conjunction to his (or anyone else's) current diet. Last I remember reading (yes I have posted quite a bit on this thread) the OP was already eating about 3500 calories. This may be a bit much for a him (and is probably high for most beginners)

Speaking of diet , some of us dont have the same views on PWO nutrition. IMHO Pre-workout nutrition is a much bigger factor in preventing muscle micro trauma and delaying metabolic acidosis then PWO nutrition. The complete diet should be looked at not just PWO macros

Sorry to sound condescending. Building muscle takes time. Swallowing more protein and carbs PWO isn't necessarily going to speed things up.
The workout and the diet should be look at as a whole

That is some really good input and ideas. You are absolutely right. The whole diet needs to be good, not just PWO. And yes the pre-workout diet is also critical. I failed to pay attention to that and you pointed it out. That's why having multiple people checking stuff out and giving input makes the whole thread better and more helpful to the person asking for advice o rinput because nobody remembers, knows or catches everything everytime.

More doesn't always equal better like you said. Had jugarelly said "I'm gaining a little BF" or something, I would have never thought to suggest adding more food anywhere during the day.

Perhaps my suggestion to add 30grams waxy and 20 grams protein would be better place pre-workout along with his anabolic chaos, as anabolic chaos does not have any calories in it.

If you run out of stuff and need an emergency supply, run to the local store and buy a small quantity.

You can't go without protein and stuff broheim.

And weight isn't the biggest deal. You wouldn't have dropped 4 pounds of muscle like that. It's impossible unless you ate 500 calories a day.

P-plex makes you retain water. Your body may have tried to ditch the water and successfully done so. Bloat can fluctuate. If you are still improving your lifts, then you are fine.

If you are loking better in th emirror, that's what counts. Take some measurements of your arms, chest and thighs. Measurements are good indicators.

Here is a perfect example.
The guys bodyweight went down. The first sentence says you can't go without protein , but then you state you wouldn't have lost 4 lb of muscle like that. The second sentence is absolutely correct. The 4lb is most probably fat and water due to increased activity. What should have been said is that the 4lb loss is actually a good thing, not a bad thing. In order to increase lean and fat free mass there is some weight you will WANT TO LOSE even if you're bulking.

Secondly Since the OP lost 4 lb during this week would it be possible for the OP to post what his diet was like during this period. Its possible that the OP was at his maintenance calories during this week and this information would be helpful in determining what calories he should be eating.

Third what type of workout program is the OP on
1. Dogg Crapp
2. HST
3. MadCow or Needsize 5x5
4. Dr Darden style HIT
5. GVT or other higher rep training
6. Mark Rippetoe / Crossfit / 300 style training

I'm just curious why the holes haven't been filled in 10 pages into this thread. With this information we can better advise the OP

Here is a perfect example.
The guys bodyweight went down.

The first sentence says you can't go without protein

Because he said he ran out of protein, and that seemed to be the bulk of his comment.

, but then you state you wouldn't have lost 4 lb of muscle like that.

Would anyone lose 4 lbs of muscle in 1 week? Unless they ate absolutely nothing and had diarrhea they wouldn't.

The second sentence is absolutely correct. The 4lb is most probably fat and water due to increased activity. What should have been said is that the 4lb loss is actually a good thing, not a bad thing.

The fact that he knows he lost the weight from water and not muscle IMPLIES that it is a good thing. I don't to tell him that it's a good thing because he probably already knows that. Besides that, I told him that not to worry about it and as long as he is seeing progress in the mirrors that's what counts.

In order to increase lean and fat free mass there is some weight you will WANT TO LOSE even if you're bulking.

Secondly Since the OP lost 4 lb during this week would it be possible for the OP to post what his diet was like during this period. Its possible that the OP was at his maintenance calories during this week and this information would be helpful in determining what calories he should be eating.

Third what type of workout program is the OP on
1. Dogg Crapp
2. HST
3. MadCow or Needsize 5x5
4. Dr Darden style HIT
5. GVT or other higher rep training
6. Mark Rippetoe / Crossfit / 300 style training

I'm just curious why the holes haven't been filled in 10 pages into this thread. With this information we can better advise the OP

^Reply.

Am I going to be audited post to post by you? You are creating a debate and or disputing/analyze stuff out of nothing. Anyone that needs to be told that losing water weight is a good thing and doesn't already know that is possibly mentally handicapped. The guy can put two and two together without talking to him like he's in the 4th grade.

Well, I had a bit of a set back today. The gym I go to was seized by the IRS along with all my prepaid personal training sessions. It has been nice having someone plan out my workouts and change them up every 2 weeks, but I think I'm going to go the more frugal route and get back to making up my own routine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to put up a post in the workouts section as well. If you've read through this thread at all, you know I'm bulking and am just trying to add as much muscle as possible. I have about 3 more weeks before PCT, but I'll continue trying to add muscle through PCT and will probably add time onto my cardio afterwards to cut a little fat. I'm already pretty strong in the shoulders and arms. I really want to focus on my chest and back more than anything else. My legs aren't huge, but they're pretty damn strong, so the staple exercises will probably work for them. Thanks in advance.

Well, I had a bit of a set back today. The gym I go to was seized by the IRS along with all my prepaid personal training sessions. It has been nice having someone plan out my workouts and change them up every 2 weeks, but I think I'm going to go the more frugal route and get back to making up my own routine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to put up a post in the workouts section as well. If you've read through this thread at all, you know I'm bulking and am just trying to add as much muscle as possible. I have about 3 more weeks before PCT, but I'll continue trying to add muscle through PCT and will probably add time onto my cardio afterwards to cut a little fat. I'm already pretty strong in the shoulders and arms. I really want to focus on my chest and back more than anything else. My legs aren't huge, but they're pretty damn strong, so the staple exercises will probably work for them. Thanks in advance.

Wow, your gym got busted? That sucks. You should be able to get your money back. Ya know, just a piece of the 1.5 trillion dolars that congressed has allowed for bailouts and stimulus packags the last 3 months. lol.

You know your body better than anyone else bro. You know what you need to do. You should be able to construct your own pragram based upon what you know. Analyze and figure out what's working fo ryoua nd what's not. Change it up and try alway introduce new growth stimulation either through more weight, more reps or a different excercise to train a particular body part.

Top Bottom