Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Crushing pills to increase absorbtion

35andfeel19

Someone told me that absorbtion of vitamins in tablet form can be as low as 10 - 20%. Does anyone know if crushing the tablets and disolving the powder in water would increase the absorbtion rate or is the absorbtion rate determined by the chemical structure of the actual nutrient.

Just wondering.

its all in the delivery system. its a matter of how much gets destroyed, not a matter of the pill dissolving enough.

no. if its a quality vitamin then it will release certain vitamins at a certain PH. if the company has any clue about the digestive tract they will do this. crushing shouldnt make a difference. a good vitamin is tested to thoroughly dissolve at the critical time of absorption ie different points in the gi tract.

if you have cheap ass vitamins and want to crush them, have fun. the quality is still low and you still will absorb very little.

Thanks Bignate, I appreciate the info. I was just thinking that if the vitamin didn't disolve properly or at the proper time then by crushing it I could gaurantee adsorbtion by insuring complete disolution (correct word?).

Anyway, Do you recommend or have a preference for a specific Multi?

The only Multivitamin I know that has superior absorption is AST Research's Multi-Pro 32X. It's expensive but I think it's the best out there and well worth the extra cost.

Top Bottom