Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

creatine + sick/flu symptoms??

littleguy289

alright i realize how ridiculous this sounds considering that creatine is produced naturally in the body, but I have heard rare instances of people not reacting well to creatine supps and having similar symptoms. So ever since I started supping w creatine about a year and a half ago I get real bad flu/sinus infection-like symptoms. I've tried different brands, isolating other things it could possibly be, etc etc. I've even been off of it completely for like 6 months and healthy as a horse. I just started back on it this past sunday nite and sure enuff by monday afternoon I was sick as a dog and have been ever since.

I definitely respond to the stuff otherwise, as I always get a noticeable bump in strength and size

I would think I'm keeping hydrated enough, I was pounding the fluids down the 1st 2 days I was back on the creatine.

I am also not currently on any other meds or aas.

I don't get it- is it just interacting with something weird or what? what else could be causing this?

thoughts?

Last edited:
I forgot all about this thread and just came across it in my subscribed list, so just thought I'd post with an update in case anyone else comes across it. I basically figured out that for whatever reason, creatine puts an enormous stress on my body and seems to really knock the shit out of my immune system, but exponentially so when I am even the least little bit dehydrated. As long as I'm getting enough calories and stay plenty hydrated, I'm usually ok but even still I find that I need to cycle on and off of it every 8-12 weeks to let my body recover. I have also been recently diagnosed with low test, not sure if that has anything to do with it(?). Hope this is helpful for anyone struggling with a similar situation.

Top Bottom