Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Creatine + Protein Together?

PANTS

There seem to be mixed views on this:
Can one take their creatine with Protein shake/meal?
Some companies have creatine in their shakes (AST, Maximuscle)
Some say they should be taken apart.
So? Whats the deal?

It's best to take creatine with some sort of juice, like grape or apple, although some take it with water and get some simple carbs in shortly thereafter, same deal. But it's also fine to mix them with your shakes.

Ideal to give it 15min alone in the stomach, unless your adding carbs. 50g of protein and 50 of a carb will potentiate a spike, equiv of 90+g dextrose when taken 15min after creatine ingestion.

Rémy!   said:
Ideal to give it 15min alone in the stomach, unless your adding carbs. 50g of protein and 50 of a carb will potentiate a spike, equiv of 90+g dextrose when taken 15min after creatine ingestion.
couldn't have said it better myself

Your first dose should be in the morning (with juice) on a empty stomach in the morning. The only time you want to mix it up with your shake is for post exercise.

It's fine to mixed creatine with your protein shake. Remember red meats and fish are protein and they have small amounts of creatine in them.

a0169969 said:
It's fine to mixed creatine with your protein shake. Remember red meats and fish are protein and they have small amounts of creatine in them.

True, but that doesn't prove/support anything regarding creatine absobtion or the inhibitation of. For example, some foods may contain both the minerals zinc and the (zinc-inhibiting) calcium, they are both there, but not in the best enviroment for full use.

True, but that doesn't prove/support anything regarding creatine absobtion or the inhibitation of.
Exactly what I'm getting at.
I want to take my my creatine immediatley post workout to exploit my "sponge" like state.
I also take my protein shake post workout to exploit the window of opportunity. But I'm left wondering if there is some sort of inhibition taking place?
Any research? (not funded by AST or EAS!)
Cheers.
P

Just for the arguements sake, here is a theroy one could propose against the method of taking them both together.

Ca2+ receptors is what regulate protein and creatine uptake into the cell membrane for metabolism. Insulin is the prime transporter into the receptors found in the cell membrane. It is not an ion per se (pa), Calcium regulates the transport of creatine and protein into the cell. The transport mechanism is limited, if larger amounts of pure protein are absorbed without other mechanisms being brought into play to improve absorption (insulin) it will be limited. Example;

Theoretical situation : If someone has a limited capacity for Calcium at 40 g. You consume 55 g of protein with 5 g of creatine. That gets you the final absorption of 36.7 g of protein and 3.3 g of creatine.

Top Bottom