Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Creatine and looking smooth

Nathan

I am almost done my cutting phase and would like to go back to bulking, but I'm going to really try to minimze fat gain by keeping a very strict and clean diet. So, I'd like to introduce creatine, but am afraid I'll lose the abs I've worked so hard for. Should I wait to start using it? Or, would it be good to not load (controversial as it is) and only take 5g of creatine monohydrate after working out with about 200cal from grape juice and a scoop (22g) of protein? If I also take it on days off would that increase my looking smooth? Do you think that simply drinking high GI carbs period makes you smooth out (I know it's important after lifting only)?

I don't like using creatine. I always get great pumps and look great the first couple weeks on it (with no loading...I've never loaded it.) But after that I always seem to smooth out and hold a lot of water. I just don't even fuck with it at all anymore.

------------------
Backstage, '75 Olympia:

Serge Nubret, "I look like I can take you."

Arnold, "Keep looking."

GenetiKing,

No offense, but you're feeling a "pump" without loading right after beginning use? Um... this sounds like a placebo effect to me. You shouldn't feel the full effects of creatine until full loaded, which will take a month if you only use 5g/day.

Also, why are you all of a sudden getting smooth two weeks after beginning supplementation? That makes no sense. If you're feeling a pump right away, it should cause you to smooth out right away. Why would the "smoothing effect" be delayed.

Guys, creatine shuttles water INTO THE MUSCLE, not into interstitial areas, so I don't know what you're talking about. Any type of bloating will be caused by something else. For instance, if you've recently been on a very low carb diet and begin taking creatine with a shitload of sugar, of course you're going to bloat up somewhat. The sugar is causing the problem, not the creatine. Regardless of misconceptions, creatine does not need to be taken with an inordinate amount of carbs/sugar. It simply needs a rise in insulin (ie. you can't take it with just water). Add it to your post workout shake or any other meal containing carbs.

Originally posted by JB3:
GenetiKing,

No offense, but you're feeling a "pump" without loading right after beginning use? Um... this sounds like a placebo effect to me. You shouldn't feel the full effects of creatine until full loaded, which will take a month if you only use 5g/day.

Also, why are you all of a sudden getting smooth two weeks after beginning supplementation? That makes no sense. If you're feeling a pump right away, it should cause you to smooth out right away. Why would the "smoothing effect" be delayed.

Guys, creatine shuttles water INTO THE MUSCLE, not into interstitial areas, so I don't know what you're talking about. Any type of bloating will be caused by something else. For instance, if you've recently been on a very low carb diet and begin taking creatine with a shitload of sugar, of course you're going to bloat up somewhat. The sugar is causing the problem, not the creatine. Regardless of misconceptions, creatine does not need to be taken with an inordinate amount of carbs/sugar. It simply needs a rise in insulin (ie. you can't take it with just water). Add it to your post workout shake or any other meal containing carbs.

Well let me be a little more specific. The last time I cycled creatine I took 8-10 grams daily in divided dosages and I started feeling great pumps after a couple weeks. I'd say it was around a month or a little longer when I really noticed that I was holding way too much water and was looking very smooth. And, yes, I've read it a hundred times that creatine monohydrate shuttles water into muscle tissue only, but the fact is I notice water retention when I'm on it too long and I know many others who have noticed the same thing when they cycle it. BTW, they also claim creatine does not cause muscle cramping but I always cramp (especially calves and brachioradialis) when I'm on it even when I up my water and potassium intake.

Sorry, I've cycled it several times and just don't like it that much.

------------------
Backstage, '75 Olympia:

Serge Nubret, "I look like I can take you."

Arnold, "Keep looking."

Thanks guys. JB3,so you would recommend a loading phase? I only intend to take it with high GI carbs right after I workout, and on off days I'd take it with beans or oatmeal or something low GI. I'm also familiar with how it works (increases volume of muscle cells by increasing amount of water in them), but I've still read a lot of people saying that they get smooth. What they never really make clear, however, is whether or not they always take it with sugar or only right after they workout. I'd assume a lot of people always take it with sugar, though, cause a lot of companies sell it with lots of sugar in it. By the way, does creatine have any calories? I know glutamine does. If so, how much?

GenetiKing,

Yeah, that sounds more reasonable. My calves did cramp up as well if I wasn't drinking enough water. I enjoy running, so this was a big problem, but upping my water intake helped a lot. I've never had it cramp my forearms, however, but I don't do a lot of isolated forearm work.

Nathan,

The reason they sell it with a ass-load of sugar is for filler. You only need a small rise in insulin for the creatine to absorb. Also, anecdotally, people have found using ALA along with creatine helps absorbtion, but I've never tried it.

Yes, definately load. It'll take about 5 days to saturate your muscles using 20g/day in divided doeses. "Supposedly" using only 5g/day will saturate you after about a month, but I've tried this and it didn't seem to work. Creatine is not expensive so you might as well load. If you're getting diarrhea, that usually means you're saturated. Just an fyi.

Peace.

-Nathan

I've already answered THE same creatine question you just posted on your other thread.

LOAD it. The cells need to be saturated with creatine which is why you do the loading. And then only small amounts to top up the cells. The cells wont be loaded fully when taking small amounts per day. The reason why in some instances you dont need to load is because some companies include other absorption factors with the creatine(not just glucose). Therefore, the creatine is assimilated more effectivily and the TIME taken for the cells to saturate fully is less than from taking regular creatine monohydrate.

Top Bottom