Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Creatine loading

Nathan

Would you guys recommend a loading phase? I only intend to take it with high GI carbs right after I workout, and on off days I'd take it with beans or oatmeal or something low GI. I'm familiar with how it works (increases volume of muscle cells by increasing amount of water in them), but I've still read a lot of people saying that they get smooth. What they never really make clear, however, is whether or not they always take it with sugar or only right after they workout. I'd assume a lot of people always take it with sugar, though, cause a lot of companies sell it with lots of sugar in it. By the way, does creatine have any calories? I know glutamine does. If so, how much? Please help. I've searched the archives but haven't found quite what I'm looking for.

Yes, a loading phase is required, if your taking regular creatine without other absorption factors. A loading phase of 5g, 5 times a day for 4-5 days is sufficient if you weigh between 150 and 200Lbs. And then a maintenance dose of 10 g a day in split doses. Also take it post workout with 500 ml of glucose solution such as grapefruit juice, and not with food. This will potentiate the insulin spike. Creatine itself doesnt have any calories.

Thanks Cube. Do you find you smooth out at all using creatine? Anyone else got any advice?

I've noticed that my muscle tie ins aren't as well defined as they are when not on creatine. But I would say I my muscles also look harder, but with fewer striations. So in this instance I would personally recommend taking it when you are bulking and not cutting. People may disagree with me here, but I think its more worthwhile taking when you are bulking, as you will be consuming more carbohydrates. Hence the muscle cells will be more loaded with glycogen and therefore in a better environment for which to add creatine. ON the other hand, this would also be the reason to take it when you are cutting, to make sure muscles are kept full(since glycogen will be depleted)

So what the hell, take it all the time...lol( if it weren't for receptor downgregulating etc)

Also, I didn't mention previously that on the days that you are not training take the creatine(along with juice) by itself and not with food. And in the morning, because insulin sensitivity is highest and the carbs will have less chance to be stored as fat.

Top Bottom