Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

creatine/grape juice...

njlw226

i understand the reason behind taking grape juice with creatine, for the insulin spike. but is this necessary? im trying to lose body fat and gain some lean muscle at the same time. should i avoid the juice? ive been taking it with just water, is this okay? i eat an apple pre workout, should i take it right before or after my apple? any help would be great. thanks.

I took creatine with and without carbs on different cycles. I found that the creatine worked just as well with just water but took about an extra week to reach full effect than with grape juice/carbs.

But I wouldnt think there is enough sugar in the juice to affect your diet much, so I'd just take it with.

Pete

Apples have a fairly low GI (32-40 I think) so it really wont helpmuch..\

there are two reasons for taking grape juice with non effervescent creatine.

1. Grape juice is a little on the base side (not acidic...basic) so it stabilizes the creatine.

2. The sugar in the grape juice which will spike your insulin levels.

Apple juice also works... just avout anything citrus as they are failry Acidic and creatine IS NOT stable in acidic solution

fact is creatie is not stable in ANY solution for long periods of time so mix it only when ready to drink.

The BEST creatine solutions are the sodium based effervescent solutions... they dont rely upon insulin spikes to work instead relying on soduim channel uptake and are much more effective IMHO.

good luck bro.

Top Bottom