x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Is Creatine a good supplement to take?

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Is Creatine a good supplement to take? within the Bodybuilding Supplements category.

Excerpt: Is it? ------------------ I'm a bitch! So what! Deal with it! How long did it take for you to figure that out?

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Good Broly
    Is it?

------------------
    I'm a bitch! So what! Deal with it! How long did it take for you to figure that out?

HAHAHHHAHHAHAhhahahahhahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

Yes.

------------------
    http://bodybuildinginfo.cjb.net

Good Broly
    but for women though?

------------------
    I'm a bitch! So what! Deal with it! How long did it take for you to figure that out?

Good Broly
    Have Tried creatine Monohydrate from EAs, loading with 40g/day for 5 days, then 16g/day after, i found great improvemnts in energy, which helped me lift harder... it was not a miracle supplement, but gives you the enery to keep you going in and out the gym. I recommend you try it. my experience was good, no major side effects .. thirst only due to water retention .. which inturn lead to diuretic sympons.

------------------
    "i said empty your mind. B formless shapless like water. U put water in a cup, it becomes the cup, u put water in a bottle it becomes the bottle. Now water can flow or it can crash ... b water my freind" - Bruce Lee

Good Bro
    Vixen,

Yes, creatine works just as well for women as men... but it only works if you're training using burst-type exercises. I'm assuming you do since you're posting here.

I've read univeristy studies done on D1 sprint-distance women swimmers. Times improved dramatically through creatine supplementation. I can't give you a reference, however, since I read the article many years ago.

Load with 15-20g in divided doses for 3-4 days, then 5g/day for maintenance. I'm a 180 lb man and I load with 20g/day for 4-5 days and I'm saturated, so I doubt you'd need as much. You'll start having diarrhea once your body cannot absorb any more. Supplementing 200 mg of ALA at each intake also helps shuttle creatine into the muscle (make sure to take with carbs).

------------------
    My $.02

Good Bro
    Just make sure you drink lots of water to keep yourself hydrated. The more water you drink the more effective creatine will be for you. Without knowing your weight, I'd say load with 20 grams a day for 5 days, then just take 5 grams a day after that. Specifically right after your workout or first thing in the morning on non workout days.

Good Bro
    Creatine will be effective for about 80% of the people that take it, the previous responses are all pretty accurate in regards to water intake, and dosing schedules, the one thing that makes creatine work better is taking it with a sugary carbohydrate source.

Good Bro
    i can't beliene that dude said he loads with 40g a day. I don't even believe lodaing iis necessary

Amateur Bodybuilder
    FOR THE LAST FUCKING TIME, CREATINE DOES NOT HAVE TO BE LOADED, AND IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO EVER, EVER, TAKE MORE THAN 5G AT ONE SERVING. 10G MAX IN ONE DAY IN DIVIDED SERVINGS (BREAKFAST, POST WORKOUT).

AND OF'F'ING COURSE IT'S GOOD FOR WOMEN, IT'S NOT A HORMONAL PRODUCT?!?! THAT'S LIKE ASKING IS PROTEIN GOOD FOR WOMEN? ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!

sorry for the rant.

[This message has been edited by Valdez (edited April 04, 2001).]

All Natural
    Creatine is awsome but it is tricky to take. You have to l oad it
    properly to reap its benefits. 15-20g/day with 6g of simple carbs per gram
    for 10 days will load most people. After that, a maintenence dose is not
    nessasariy but you must reload in another month. Another method is to take
    10g per day for 20 days and you will load your stores. A maintenence dose
    is not nessassary but if you use 5g per day, you can wait longer before reloading your stores. JUST MY 3 CENTS