Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Creatine for fat loss?

C

Cuts

I'm going low carbs, high protein, lots of AM cardio, and maintainence workouts for a couple months to lose some fat. I'm already using various thermogenic agents. I was wondering if creatine has any place in this routine? Any experiences or opinions? Thanks.

yep,you will notice an increase inweight,it won't help you lose fat but it also won't make you fat.try it out,could help you push harder in the gym,make sure to take your glutamine while cutting though.............

The mann said:
yep,you will notice an increase inweight,it won't help you lose fat but it also won't make you fat.try it out,could help you push harder in the gym,make sure to take your glutamine while cutting though.............

Glutamine while cutting? Could you elaborate please? Thanks.

When you say that creatine will cause weight gain, I assume that you mean an increase in muscle.

If this is the case, won't this help fat loss as the new muscle will burn more energy?

I'm asking as I was considering adding to my current plan which is controlled diet, ECA stack, cardio and weights for fat loss and muscle gain.

I was considering adding creatine to my routine.

Any thoughts?

I've been cutting for 4 weeks and I'm down 11lbs.

I've been using 10g of creatine postworkout, and 10-15g of glutamine ED

I have retained all of my strength, and increased in some lifts.

I'm sure creatine will make you retain a little water, but that will easily go away after your done.

IMO creatine is a must if you are cutting w/o gear.

Cuts said:

Glutamine while cutting? Could you elaborate please? Thanks.

Glutamine is very good while cutting. For several reasons. First and foremost, when you are dieting you are taxing your central nervous system and your um...whatever the system that takes care of sickness and disease is. Sorry, but I can't remember the name because it is late and I'm kind of tired. Anyway, Glutamine enhances the body's ability to fight off sickness. I wish that I could remember what all this is called, but I can't. Immune system! That's it! Finally, thank you. Sheesh, you'd think I'd know this crap. Anyway, glutamine is very good for enhancing the immune system which helps while cutting because you become very susceptible to sickness when you are dieting/training very intensely. Also, glutamine helps with the retention of old and possible growth of new muscle. That's why glutamine is good while dieting. I would elaborate further, but, like I said, my brain just plain ain't(notice the improper phrasing) working.

Last edited:
I just thought of a benefit of creatine while dieting. Actually, several. First off, because of the water retention, you will keep fuller muscles than you would otherwise. Secondly, from what I understand, creatine helps you keep energy/explosiveness during exetended periods of exercise. I don't know what kind of training you are doing, but, when I diet, I increase my volume and the duration of my workouts. If you are doing this, then creatine may help you keep optimum energy and intensity levels during your diet.

Edit: I just re-read your original post. Personally, when I diet, instead of try just to maintain, I try to gain strength and, potentially, muscle mass. I don't know if it's just because my body gets used to higher reps and develops a better endurance, but I get stronger every time I diet. Not that I could ever beat my PR's, but say I do DB presses with 80's for 6 reps to begin with. By the end, or at least the middle, of my diet I can do 90's for 10-12. I don't know if that's a strength gain or an endurance gain, but I would advise you to try and get stronger or bigger or anything besides just maintaining.

Last edited:
good post grizzly,also glutamine is good because when you train hard it basically provides an anticatabolic effect.it's good to take small doses throughout the day ,mostly after you train.

Thanks to Grizzly and The mann... Karma for both. Grizzly, the prospect of gaining muscle while dieting/cutting sounds great... I just didn't think it was really possible... I'll give what you're saying about upping the volume and duration of the workouts a try. Well, apparently the verdict is yes for creatine while dieting and YES for Glutamine while dieting. Thanks bros.

Top Bottom