Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Creatine: Builder or Bloater? What dose?

I have heard that creatine should be taken at different doses if you're a woman. What dose is that? I'm interested to try it because I read in Muscle Fitness Hers Magazine that vegetarians should take creatine since its more sparse in our diets than in those of meat eaters. EAS makes a HMB-Creatine product called Betagen that I'm thinking about trying. but its expensive and the creatine is a really low amount. i hear hmb is a disapointment, too. Also, is it true that creatine bloats you?

Hi....I take creatine. I follow the instructions on the back. I take a whopping teaspoon daily right after I work out. I am using Precisions Pure Creatine Monohydrate....... I do gain on average 3 to 5 pounds of water weight. Not bad when I watch my diet. Drink loads of water with it. I love it ; feel like I shrink when I go off of it :( Just follow the directions on the back.....gives dosages according to weight. Makes my muscles looked "pumped up " to me :)

creatine will bloat you if 1)you don't mix it properly or 2) you take too much...

keep the dosage to under 5g per day (right after workout is the best time)... and make sure to mix it good with some form of carb drink... that'll help get it to the muscles quicker... don't go for the loading nonsence that some companies recommend, that's just a ploy to sell more and will puff you up like a blowfish for sure!

you may experience more of a 'pump' with creatine some people mistake that for bloat... if you get truly bloated make sure you are following 1 and 2...

Hi Veggie.
Heard mixed opinions about Betagen also...gave me good strength at 2 doses /day- before & after training....maybe not good results for everyone, but it worked for me... added muscle & good pumps... I liked it.

Good luck :D

sigh...

I remember the first time I did creatine AND ECA _before_ my workout. I was so freaking HIGH!!!!!! My pump and workout were so intense.

I think I will go back to creatine again. I'll probably never get that same kick again...back to chasing that high again....

For women I've heard the best form is the "fizz" form - like Twin Lab Creatine Fizz. I don't know if I noticed anything tho when I used it....

i used betagen for a while actually. i didnt feel bloated really but yes ur muscles get a fuller look. thing was -- when i was on it i had to pee allllllll the time. i had to stop taking it it b/c while in school i would miss half the lecure --- i was in the bathroom peeeeeeeeeeing fooooorever;)

Phemomena said:
keep the dosage to under 5g per day (right after workout is the best time)... and make sure to mix it good with some form of carb drink... that'll help get it to the muscles quicker... don't go for the loading nonsence that some companies recommend, that's just a ploy to sell more...

I feel the same way. I remember when it first came out and EAS had a loading phase of 15g/day for a week. So glad I didn't fall for that.

i was definitely water logged on creatine and had super cramps. i didn't really like it and i was only taking 1/2 tsp twice a day. i did get a bit stronger though, don't know for sure if it was my mind or what?

Just watched a body building special on the Discovery Channel......it said the three major supplements needed to build and maintain muscles : Protein, Glutamine and Creatine. I dont take any Glutamine......need to read up on that........but do love Creatine and Protein :)

Top Bottom