x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Creatine: Builder or Bloater? What dose?

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Creatine: Builder or Bloater? What dose? within the Bodybuilding Supplements category.

Excerpt: I have heard that creatine should be taken at different doses if you're a woman. What dose is that? I'm interested to try it because I read in Muscle Fitness Hers Magazine that vegetarians should take creatine since its more sparse in our diets than in those of meat eaters. EAS makes a HMB-Creatine product called Betagen that I'm thinking about trying. but its expensive and the creatine is a really low amount. i hear hmb is a disapointment, too. Also, is it true that creatine bloats you?

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Pro Bodybuilder

Cool Creatine: Builder or Bloater? What dose?

I have heard that creatine should be taken at different doses if you're a woman. What dose is that? I'm interested to try it because I read in Muscle Fitness Hers Magazine that vegetarians should take creatine since its more sparse in our diets than in those of meat eaters. EAS makes a HMB-Creatine product called Betagen that I'm thinking about trying. but its expensive and the creatine is a really low amount. i hear hmb is a disapointment, too. Also, is it true that creatine bloats you?

Hi....I take creatine. I follow the instructions on the back. I take a whopping teaspoon daily right after I work out. I am using Precisions Pure Creatine Monohydrate....... I do gain on average 3 to 5 pounds of water weight. Not bad when I watch my diet. Drink loads of water with it. I love it ; feel like I shrink when I go off of it Just follow the directions on the back.....gives dosages according to weight. Makes my muscles looked "pumped up " to me

creatine will bloat you if 1)you don't mix it properly or 2) you take too much...

keep the dosage to under 5g per day (right after workout is the best time)... and make sure to mix it good with some form of carb drink... that'll help get it to the muscles quicker... don't go for the loading nonsence that some companies recommend, that's just a ploy to sell more and will puff you up like a blowfish for sure!

you may experience more of a 'pump' with creatine some people mistake that for bloat... if you get truly bloated make sure you are following 1 and 2...

Hi Veggie.
    Heard mixed opinions about Betagen also...gave me good strength at 2 doses /day- before & after training....maybe not good results for everyone, but it worked for me... added muscle & good pumps... I liked it.

Good luck

Olympian
    sigh...

I remember the first time I did creatine AND ECA _before_ my workout. I was so freaking HIGH!!!!!! My pump and workout were so intense.

I think I will go back to creatine again. I'll probably never get that same kick again...back to chasing that high again....

For women I've heard the best form is the "fizz" form - like Twin Lab Creatine Fizz. I don't know if I noticed anything tho when I used it....

I was right begind you but got tired looking over your shoulder
    Originally posted by Phemomena
    keep the dosage to under 5g per day (right after workout is the best time)... and make sure to mix it good with some form of carb drink... that'll help get it to the muscles quicker... don't go for the loading nonsence that some companies recommend, that's just a ploy to sell more...
    I feel the same way. I remember when it first came out and EAS had a loading phase of 15g/day for a week. So glad I didn't fall for that.

Cyborg
    i was definitely water logged on creatine and had super cramps. i didn't really like it and i was only taking 1/2 tsp twice a day. i did get a bit stronger though, don't know for sure if it was my mind or what?

Just watched a body building special on the Discovery Channel......it said the three major supplements needed to build and maintain muscles : Protein, Glutamine and Creatine. I dont take any Glutamine......need to read up on that........but do love Creatine and Protein

glutamine is great for recovery... teaspoon first thing in the morning, right after my workout and right b4 bed has done wonders for my overtrained ass...