Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Creatine and benefits Take a look

buildmusclegym

Extensively studied for both its safety and benefits, some of creatine’s supposed benefits are supported by research and some are not. Creatine also shows promise outside of the athletic and performance setting, but more research is needed in these areas.

1°Increase in muscle size Creatine supplementation causes an increase in the water content of muscles, making them “larger.” This is not due to an increase in the size of the muscle fibers. However, creatine can increase “real” fat free mass over time, as its strength and power-boosting properties allow higher quality training and thus, better gains.

2°Improved athletic performance A large body of research shows that oral creatine supplementation can make an athlete faster and stronger when performing high intensity activity.

3°Increased muscle protein synthesis I found a few studies which refuted this claim.6 7 Still, if someone who uses creatine can lift more weight, muscle protein synthesis should increase; although, the creatine itself simply increases the available energy supply (ATP) for muscle contraction. Creatine itself does not stimulate protein synthesis.

- Doses -
* Loading period *
5-7 days from 20 to 30 grams
If the dose is 20 at a rate of 4 different times by 5 grams in each dose
If the dose is 30 at 6 different times by 5 grams in each dose

- Key times for a dose -
After waking up - before breakfast duration - immediately after exercise

* Conservative * period
Eat 2-3 grams a day
And some prefer to deal with 5 grams a day

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been using creatine powders for years and definitely can vouch for there bang for the buck results. You go add strength and some size, although it does go away if you don't keep taking it. I recently switched to Body Fortress Creatine HCl. It's a tasty lemon lime that you only need tiny capfuls that are about the size of a toothpaste cap. After about a month, I'm up an additional 5#. Gotta remember to drink extra water and don't drink coffee after working out, you run the chance of BAD cramps. (Happened to me)
Creatine-creatine phosphate is one of 4 ways your body converts ADP to ATP, it's used after your muscles use up the available ATP they have for initial power and before they kick into anaerobic respiration. So you should see increases in lifting ability and overall energy.

I like CREATINE. Its a proven time tested supplement. I use 5-10g daily. I honestly don't think the loading phase is needed. I always felt it was a marketing ploy for companies to sell more CREATINE.

I agree with you on the front loading. I tried it a while back and it honestly didn't do much more for me than just taking 5g from the beginning.

Agreed. My favorite is 5 gr creatine monohydrate 8 Oz grape juice added BCAA ,taurine,leucine,ALA, works great

There is a lot of misinformation out there when it comes to creatine supplementation. There is no need to load or cycle creatine. Supplement with 5-10g per day. When you take the creatine doesn't matter but ideally you would supplement with creatine pre and post workout, as your body is most inclined to absorb nutrients at this time. Supplementing with creatine post workout will also help replenish depleted creatine phosphate stores from your workout. I really like the creatine formula Ancient Strength from n2bm.com. Each serving contains 5g of creatine monohydrate, creatine HCL and creatine pyruvate blend. Take 1 serving pre workout and 1 serving post workout.
http://needtobuildmuscle.com/store/Pre-Post-Workout-Supps/Ancient-Strength-p273.html

Supplemental creatine is nothing more then the amino acids glycine, arginine, and methionine synthesized together. It is not a hormone and does not require a PCT (post cycle therapy).

Top Bottom