Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Creatine before workout???

dschribs

Is it ok to take your creatine before your workout?? For some reason, i find I get a better pump when I take it just before I work out. Most of the posts suggest taking it after working out??
Is it because it will be better absorbed at that time??

Thanks

no.. right after your workout. Its when your muscles need to refuel in a sense. Absorption rates are much greater

I just finished my loading i went like this..

5 g B-fast
5 g pre workout (bout 1/2 hour)
5 g post workout
5 g before bed

now that i'm off i think i'll just stay to the 5g b-fast and 5g post workout

when i had creatine monohydrate i didn't do the loading phase....i took 5g before and after my workouts it was good for me.i notice some nice results while leaning out aswell

Benzi said:
it's all in your mind
take creatine after your workout with a dextrose cocktale 30 hours later

similar to what i do... After a workout i just bring the 50g of dextrose w/ 10g creatine in an empty bottle and chug it before i leave. Tastes so friggin good, I can't wait for that cocktail after a workout. Then when i get home i load up on the whey.

I like taking creatine before my workout. I find I get a better pump. I also take some right after as well.

Even though AST Sports Science is a supplement company that is in business to make money, I like much of the information they present on post-workout nutrition. They do site legitimate sources for much of the information they present. There are other people and companies that share the same ideas too. Basically, anytime with in three hours after working out is an excellent time to take advantage of feeding your muscles. I would go to AST's web site and read some of their information on post-workout nutrition.

They also present some newer information on pre-workout supplementation. I think the theory is something like if you have some nutrients in the body before you workout and while you workout, the body will be able to start recovering even faster. I also like the article(s) about insullin manipulation.

Effervescent Creating = Before workout
Powdered/Micronized = After workout

That's the advice I've been give and it seems to be working for me! Don't forget the ALA.

Creatine Before W/O

I personally have tried using it a variety of ways & find that it provides the best results by using it before training & immediatley afterwards. For the best results I mix it in water with simple sugars , such as the Creatine transport. At least 5g each serving.
Hope it helps

Top Bottom