Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Creatine ?

negaun said:

No, i had metaform creatine and there they said citric fruits are bad for creatine absorption...

negaun

I've heard that before, but I take it with warm grapefruit juice, and I don't see any negatives from it, I feel that I get the same if not better results as when I took it with grape juice(and I don't get the feeling of wanting to puke, that I got when drinking grape fruit juice quickly)

besides, isn't that one of the selling points of effervescent creatine? the fact that it has L-glutamine, potassium, sodium bicarbonate and citric acid...supposedly making it more soluble for greater intake........

well, I don't really know as whether or not it works as I've never taken effervescent creatine, I've always stuck to the plain ole reg crap, but I disagree with citric acid being detrimental to the intake, it has worked fine for me.

Plus citric acid is pretty generic since Ph, fructose levels and everything else will vary between different fruits etc....even grapes have some acid...just ask wine makers...it's not all created by yeast...some tanic acid, which I believe could be genericly referred to as citric acid is natural to the grape.

I'm no expert, and I reserve the right to be wrong, but I don't think I am:D

Last edited:
You need to take it with a carb that has a high-glycemic index. Fructose has the lowest glycemic index. Go with maltodextrin, dextrose, glucose, or grape juice. Even on your low carb diet you need a moderate amount of carbs for post workout and in the morning. As long as you're using the right type of carbs.....go ahead and inrease them.

Dextrose is a simple carb and much better for creatine transport than a complex carb such as maltodextrin. As for smallest amount for transport I'm not sure, sawboy (Alex at proteinfactory) is usually online during the day instant message him or give him a call.

If really concerned about carb content,I would go with an Ionized delivery creatine(effervescent).This will help it pass through the gut wall and be taken up into blood more efficiently,and therefore give much more of the creatine a chance to reach it's targeted cells(muscle)and only a minimum amount of insulin would be required at that point to facillitate it's permeation though the cell membranes.The above suggestion of ALA added is a good one.

HUCKLEBERRY FINNaplex said:
If really concerned about carb content,I would go with an Ionized delivery creatine(effervescent).This will help it pass through the gut wall and be taken up into blood more efficiently,and therefore give much more of the creatine a chance to reach it's targeted cells(muscle)and only a minimum amount of insulin would be required at that point to facillitate it's permeation though the cell membranes.The above suggestion of ALA added is a good one.

Adding some carbs is not a problem, I just don't want to take 40-50 grams....

Also, I take ALA with my morning and post-workout shakes.

Thanks for the input, everyone.

Top Bottom