Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Carb Solutions protein bars question

Zubceroben

I have been talking regular protein bars, the ones you get at the store, but for some reason I still feel weak before working out and a lack of energy, it feel like those days when I work out on an empty stomach, those protein bars from the store are probably like a snack to watch movies lol, I found this carb solution bars and they say they are specially made for bodybuilding, did you guys ever have them or they are just the same shit?

protein bars are essentially a scam. they should not be part of your nutrition as a bodybuilder/weight trainer. they are very calorie dense. at best a bar as 150 calories and i have seen some that have 600 calories. that is more than soda has! you get a sugar high and then crash

if you want a power pre workout meal. eggs, sweet potato, and a piece of fruit. that will fuel your workout

also i hope you are getting proper sleep, that will make a huge difference in your training and recovery

Its something you would eat if there is no better option.

In my opinion they are highly overrated and overpriced. Proper real food is irreplaceable in any sport, especially in bodybuilding.

They taste awesome but the macros really aren't great. It would basically be the equivalent of drinking a protein shake and eating a cookie.

The problem with protein bars/cookies is that they have a lot of carbs and fat in them. To make the product into a bar or cookie, they need to add carbohydrate and fat binders. Even a low calorie protein bar is going to have at least 5-6g of fat and 20-25g of fat.

A protein shake on the other hand will be virtually carbohydrate and fat free. You get the high quality whey protein without any of the additional calories.

I personally use isolation from n2bm.com. A good whey isolate should be pretty much fat and carb free. Isolation has 26g protein, 1g carb, 0g fat per 30g scoop.

To have good energy before training I would drop the bars and have a good pre workout meal. Try something simple and easy to digest like egg whites and oatmeal. Try to finish up your meal around 90 minutes before training and stay fully hydrated.

Top Bottom