Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Carb Blockers

IMHO the only things that work are either alpha lipoic acid or pure gymnema sylvestra herb. I like gymnema because it's cheaper than ALA and has another good property...break open the capsule in a cup of hot water and drink it as a tea anytime you get sugar cravings and it makes all sugary things taste nasty for about 2 hours. Plus it apparently blocks carb absorption from what a couple of studies show. I've use it and ALA alternating every few days.

One of the carb blocker companies (can't remember which brand) was forced to pay a hefty compensation fine in England for using an ingredient called "phaseolamin", an extract of Northern White Kidney beans. I've noticed that carb blockers here tend to also have this ingredient. Essentially the experts in the case showed that although the phaseolamin attached to the carbs in the stomach organ, that it itself was digested in the small intestine, therefore the carbs just got absorbed somewhere else.

I have no idea whether this stuff actually works. When I was on a cutting cycle I took it and I actually didn't know it did anything, so I saved my money the next time.

Top Bottom